Search results

  1. JamesPi

    OMGWTF trim help!

    Yes, you could solder directly to a shielded composite video cable. I've seen some people cut apart the Wii's OEM one to use, but I would say just use a junk one that you have. Soldering the connector just makes it an easier setup for some people, as they probably already have Wii cables that...
  2. JamesPi

    OMGWTF trim help!

    There's many different things that could be wrong. It's possible it could simply be that U10 wasn't relocated well, but it could also be something like your sanding, a component cut in half that bridges a connection that you'll need to remove, that blue wire isn't meant to be there maybe, or...
  3. JamesPi

    Worklog Kawaii

    They turned out incredibly! Thanks for posting this update, I can't wait for it to arrive! Hope you had a wonderful time, and that you can get some rest after getting held back at the airport for a day :blush: On a side note, that would be amazing if Ding started selling the shells elsewhere as...
  4. JamesPi

    Worklog Continuation of my first portable!

    Good idea. It should be fine, at least from a visual inspection though. However, I have no clue how much space those *actually* take up as far as the thing itself, and not the casing. And he can't really check the voltages quite yet, I don't think he's sanded it all the way. I could be wrong...
  5. JamesPi

    Worklog Continuation of my first portable!

    It should be fine? All of this blue section is the 1.15v area, all the regulator is doing is just connected to GND.
  6. JamesPi

    Release N64 Controller Module

    I believe it is the FM28V020 that you're looking for.
  7. JamesPi

    Question Could the GC controller wiimote emulation be expanded to work with the classic controller?

    I'm pretty sure you mean the GameCube controller input to the WiiMote controls? If so, Aurelio has said that it is one of his goals to add classic controller support, he just hasn't got around to doing it yet. If you do mean Wii remote input to GameCube controller, I have no clue what you're...
  8. JamesPi

    Question How do I sync wiimotes in RVLoader?

    I believe all you need to be able to gain access to the Wii Menu is having the bluetooth module relocated on your portable. Although, in your case, you may want to look at this recently merged pull request. Not sure how the functionality applies in RVLoader, but it may be of help to you...
  9. JamesPi

    Question Ashida Sensor bar

    Oh, that's very interesting! I might have to have a go at installing IR LEDs then after I add bluetooth to my translucent Ashida. (eventually lol) Thanks for the tip, cy! From subie's image he sent, it looks like he just ran them off 3.3v (off of the pads on the GC+2.0) with a resistor, doesn't...
  10. JamesPi

    Release DS Lite Board scans

    Not sure if this is the right place to post this. I think you should make your own thread for help, it would be a lot more organized that way, rather than riding off of a board scan post. It would also probably be beneficial to you, as it will likely get more attention that way. People can look...
  11. JamesPi

    Worklog Kill Mii (Altoids Tin Portable)

    To push what's been done up to the absolute limit of what's possible at the time. Also, please don't comment on old posts unless there is something truely important to add to it. No hard feelings, but this hasn't been active since the end of 2018, you could've just asked someone in the Discord...
  12. JamesPi

    Worklog Kawaii

    Who knows, maybe over time with practice you'll have enough skill to do so! If you just want a Kawaii to have one though, I'll be selling mine in the future as I have no functional need for one, so let me know if you'd be interested!
  13. JamesPi

    GardenBoat’s blackout slab 2DS

    This turned out very well! Now you can be Batman on your 2DS :P I love how you chose the route of using OEM parts rather than recreating them, and it turned out really nice overall! Its very hard to tell what parts were originally black and which were red, you definitely did it right. Just...
  14. JamesPi

    Worklog Kawaii

    There probably won't be another one soon, but it all depends on who's interested in another order. The way they got the price to be $25 dollars is not only Yveltal making a trip to China, but also a large number of people saying that they would want to buy the shell, and larger productions is...
  15. JamesPi

    Release Wii Revision Checker - Online Tool to Identify Your Console by Serial Number

    I'm glad a simple tool now exists for this great source of data!
  16. JamesPi

    Question HDMI Compatibility Question

    AFAIK, all Wiis besides the mini can natively output 480p as long as you have component cables. I mean, its not *good* 480p, but they all have the option of doing that. I believe the AVE is slightly worse on older Wiis, that may be what you're thinking of, but I haven't found any actual...
  17. JamesPi

    Question Ashida case color opinions

    It really is! One of the things I love seeing on here is not only the designs people make, but the colors they choose to go along with them. Quick reminder- try not to bump older threads, unless there's some important information that you should add. This thread is over a year old, and I'm sure...
  18. JamesPi

    Worklog Kawaii

    Here's an incredibly simplified list of things you need to start. There's not going to be a guide or anything though, so just look through this worklog to see some of the process that goes into building it, and from there you can figure out what you need. This is not however a good first...
  19. JamesPi

    Worklog Kawaii

    Just ordered the last Kawaii- in red. Thanks for doing this group buy, Yveltal! I wasn't originally planning on ever making a Kawaii, but the $25 dollar price point is hard to say no to. It might be a while before I actually work on it, but I can't wait to share my build on here eventually!
  20. JamesPi

    Discussion Finally Finishing My Ashida

    There aren't any mounts unless you get a relocation flex, so just Kapton tape it where there's room and where there shouldn't be interference. Good luck finishing it, I can't wait to see the final build!
Back
Top