Search results

  1. YveltalGriffin

    Soldering station

    I have this beast, and can vouch for X-Tronic's quality. Of course, this one is really overpriced (I got mine used for cheaper) but it sure looks awesome! Definitely go Hakko or Weller for a starter iron, though.
  2. YveltalGriffin

    Portablizing BOM

    Of course. If you want, you can always scour places like eBay and AliExpress for bare TFT modules and driver boards. You might find a combo that fits your needs better than the L7009. Or you could buy just an à la carte component-accepting driver board and wire up a 5 inch LCD. The options are...
  3. YveltalGriffin

    Portablizing BOM

    Be sure to check the specs in the listing description. If you can find a model number, search up a datasheet; that's always helpful. I don't know of any common 5" screens that accept component, but the L7009 really is the go-to for 7".
  4. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog Kill Mii (Altoids Tin Portable)

    Aw, @Noah is so thoughtful! He sent you a little necklace along with the board!
  5. YveltalGriffin

    Waiting in the wings

    Yes. Dear God, yes. I operate exactly the same way with regard to projects. Here's a short list of semi-finished and/or half-canceled projects: At least 4 Raspi Retropie portables in various form factors: -Raspi zero in tiny plastic case -Raspi 3 in ps vita -Raspi in diy...
  6. YveltalGriffin

    [WTB] Dreamcast Microphone

    Just checked around and it doesn't seem like any bundles with Alien Front or Planet Ring and a mic are for sale, unfortunately. Good idea though! :)
  7. YveltalGriffin

    [WTB] Dreamcast Microphone

    I need one for a project, and also to be able play Seaman with my homies. B| They're on Fleabay occasionally, but mostly in auctions or they're expensive. If anyone has one they're willing to part with, please contact me.
  8. YveltalGriffin

    Question PAM8403 make noise (hiss)

    Is the circuit completely isolated? Are there any possible EMI sources near it? Edit: Some sources online say that the PAM8403 is naturally quite noisy even with grounded inputs, but it wouldn't hurt to shield it further. Also, if the gain is quite high you'll get worse idle hiss than if the...
  9. YveltalGriffin

    Discussion DreamCast R&D and Documenting

    I'll see if I can sand down my motherboard and scan it at some point in the next few weeks. There are just lots of traces jumping back and forth between the layers that need to be mapped.
  10. YveltalGriffin

    Discussion DreamCast R&D and Documenting

    Edit: Photo of trims not really legit. I've looked into the two ICs at the top of the board (one's got eight legs and the other has 14) and they're both audio-related. The bigger one is a custom audio ADC, but it has some generic cousins whose data sheets I'll be investigating. The little one...
  11. YveltalGriffin

    Discussion DreamCast R&D and Documenting

    Sorry everyone for posting without checking the rules. :oops: @Gman did some work on the Dreamcast back in the ModRetro days. Kinda creepy, Gman, but I scoured your Photobucket and found your board sands and the possible trim diagram you made. Since they're not my photos, I won't post 'em...
  12. YveltalGriffin

    Discussion DreamCast R&D and Documenting

    Might as well upload these for posterity. REDACTED If any Compendium-style layer work is to be done, they might come in handy.
  13. YveltalGriffin

    What Game are you Currently Playing? (Whats up!)

    Haha no way! I always feel terrible when 3 Chozo ghosts are ganging up on me and you see Samus' face reflecting in her visor because of all the direct shots she's taking
  14. YveltalGriffin

    What Game are you Currently Playing? (Whats up!)

    Exactly! My biggest cringe was in the very beginning when the game says, "Samus has decided not to use missiles or power bombs until Adam authorizes them." Then you go around and see all the doors and passages that you could access with bombs and missiles, but you can't! Terrible way for the...
  15. YveltalGriffin

    What Game are you Currently Playing? (Whats up!)

    Yeah, you probably are! :XD: IMHO, Other M is quite bad other than the graphics and the 3rd person fighting. Especially the standing-still first person business. Plus the chauvinism and misogyny directed towards Samus.
  16. YveltalGriffin

    Post your workstation!

    I cleaned up my workstation just for this thread! Talk about motivation! :XD: ...and here's the small but nonetheless depressing console graveyard. I don't even know what happened to the Dreamcast. It bit the dust after spending the winter in a box in the garage.
  17. YveltalGriffin

    What Game are you Currently Playing? (Whats up!)

    Yeah, Prime is the best. I LOVE Fusion's smooth mechanics and graphics, but don't like the hold-your-hand gameplay.
  18. YveltalGriffin

    What Game are you Currently Playing? (Whats up!)

    @Madmorda Once you play all the good ones, you've gotta play the bad one! Is Zero Mission your favorite?
  19. YveltalGriffin

    What Game are you Currently Playing? (Whats up!)

    Yooka-Laylee and Other M. I know, I know...
Back
Top