Search results

  1. YveltalGriffin

    Thundervolt

    Thundervolt Lite has been tested and released on GitHub! Thundervolt Lite is way cheaper than the other variants, only costing $7 for 10 bare boards, while being functionally identical to Thundervolt 1. Please see the hardware folder on GitHub for KiCAD source files, Gerbers, BOM, and details...
  2. YveltalGriffin

    Thundervolt

    Yep, there's a safe mode solder jumper on the Thundervolt PCB. Bridging the jumper (or connecting & pressing a button as shown in the demo video) forces stock voltages. You can then edit your persisted undervolt settings to get things stable again. The app also enforces hard limits on all the...
  3. YveltalGriffin

    Thundervolt

    All of the regulators are rated up to 125°C! While the regs don't have die temp sensing, the Thundervolt TMP never even reached 50°C in my tests. So, there's no need for additional regulator cooling.
  4. YveltalGriffin

    Thundervolt

    Thundervolt is a stylish, highly integrated power hat for Nintendo Wii, with software-controlled undervolting. It is fully open source and permissively licensed on GitHub! There are three Thundervolt board variants. For details on the differences between each version, see the hardware folder on...
  5. YveltalGriffin

    Venus S

    Wow, it's beautiful! This is my favorite tzmwx Saturn creation yet! You're a master of the craft. Did you use Fenrir instead of Saroo because of space limitations? Also, which LCD driver board are you using-- is it CVBS or RGB?
  6. YveltalGriffin

    Board scan DS fat / DS lite / DSI pcb scan and schematic

    Good lord, the TWL motherboard recreation is insane!!! You absolute madlad! Thanks so much for sharing these designs!
  7. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog Thundervolt

    Info dump for those not in the Discord: Thundervolt rev1 boards have been assembled and tested. All the hardware is fully functional! So sleek! LP5907UVX solder balls: Atmel ICE connected for programming. Thundervolt's amber LED looks awesome! Voltages configured to non-standard...
  8. YveltalGriffin

    Question portables that use OMEGA trims

    Bit more comprehensive list, in chronological order! The WaveRider GCii Pocket Wii SPii (initial build) UltraWii Sakura GC2go Wii-C Thomii MK1 Thomii MK2 The WaveWider
  9. YveltalGriffin

    Discussion ZOMG: Beyond OMEGA

    I don't usually post projects that were abject failures, but this one's special. The ZOMG trim is best summarized by @Shank here: I proved out the 1V filter bypass stuff beforehand, and confirmed that it did not impact boot. Unfortunately, many of the RAM traces broke when I folded...
  10. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog Thundervolt

    The boards arrived and they look amazing! JLC did a great job. Fitment on the Wii motherboard is perfect thanks to @loopj's work on Power Strip. <3 The jig PCBs fit nicely too. I'm stoked! Can't wait to assemble these.
  11. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog Thundervolt

    Yep, Thundervolt will work with any input from 2.5 - 5.5V as long as it can provide enough current. 5V/3A USB-C as used in Wii Micros will be plug and play. Boards have been ordered and should be here in a week or so!
  12. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog Thundervolt

    loopj suggested adding an ALERT interrupt between the TMP1750 and the ATtiny1616, so I did. Explanation: After setting up an undervolt as the I2C controller, the ATtiny will fall back into I2C peripheral mode. Once the Wii takes over as controller, the ATtiny can no longer actively poll the...
  13. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog Thundervolt

    UPDATE: Thundervolt has been released. LINK Last summer, @Wesk and I were theorycrafting a Wii reg board for undervolting that would solder directly to the motherboard. Such a board would remove all voltage droop from wires and might allow for more extreme undervolting, while also being more...
  14. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog Wii U R&D Thread (WURD)

    Right. They're huge, they need at least 12V, the 1v one is two-phase (meaning it has two giant inductors), and we don't have full documentation for the controller ICs. The 12v input they require is the main issue. Going from 3.7V→1v is a lot more efficient than 12v→1v. And managing 4S batteries...
  15. YveltalGriffin

    PS Hanami

    I added a cherry blossom sticker. Now the "hanami" theme is complete! :)
  16. YveltalGriffin

    MGC 2024

    MGC was a ton of fun! I was on the same flight to Milwaukee as HackerBilly, which was a great way to start off the weekend. He gave me the inside scoop on how he's revolutionizing Toy Story figure modding, which was super interesting. Friday was very chill. Here's a pic of the room as we were...
  17. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog Wii U R&D Thread (WURD)

    Undervolting doesn't seem possible, at least with wires. Whenever I try to decrease the core rail voltages the system just hangs. However, after brainstorming with Benge at MGC, I've decided to design a modified 1v/1.15v reg board that will sit on the motherboard next to the SOC and solder...
  18. YveltalGriffin

    N64HH V2

    I've tested every variety of Alps-ish squishy tact on the market, and the grey ones don't feel nearly as good as the orange/blue variants. I have a stash of blue squishy tacts that I am happy to sell at cost. Just shoot me a DM. Sale thread...
  19. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog Omega trim

    So you completely disconnected 1.8V and GND from the AVEflex, and the short was still there? If so, take a look at the RVK Compendium to see where the 1.8V voltage plane crosses your trim boundary. That's the area you need to inspect / potentially sand more. (Also, I'm eager to see whether the...
  20. YveltalGriffin

    PS Hanami

    I built this Playstation 1 portable in one month for MGC 2023! I have no clue why it's taken me so long to make a Cutting Edge post for it. The build process (trimming, CAD work, assembly) is documented in my worklog. This is an old-school portable with lots of hot glue. I wanted crispy...
Back
Top