Search results

  1. YveltalGriffin

    Question Questions Thread for WMU V2 (BitBuilt 2024 Summer Build Competition Entry)

    The sensor bar GND is PWM'd (pulsed on and off) to limit the current through the LEDs (this is called low-side switching). Early sensor bars have more LEDs (5 per side) and need the ~7V or so that the motherboard's circuit provides. Later sensor bars only have 3 LEDs per side and can run from...
  2. YveltalGriffin

    Ghosts αSNES

    I'm a little wary of messing with the video levels in case it impacts the colors or contrast. But I found a workaround for now. Increasing the backlight current by ~1.75x makes the brightness in scanline mode good enough. The stock boost converter is unhappy outputting this much current, but...
  3. YveltalGriffin

    Ghosts αSNES

    My 2X-SCART arrived! I like the silk labels for the input pins. The PCB has a couple mystery ICs; one seems to be an LM1881, and another is probably a THS7374. Not sure what the others are yet, but it'll become clear once I generate a schematic. The FTDI chip can definitely be yeeted once I...
  4. YveltalGriffin

    Board scan Sega Dreamcast Controller (HKT-7700) PCB Scan

    Quick and dirty scans of the HKT-7700 Sega Dreamcast controller PCB. The existing public scans were not a known DPI and therefore unsuitable for reverse engineering. GOOGLE DRIVE LINK BITBUILT MIRROR LINK Folder includes 1200DPI TIFs (6629x4157px, 80MB each) and 600DPI JPGs. Preview images...
  5. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog Wii U Mini Worklog

    This stuff is really challenging, but you make it look trivial! Awesome work. If you want to be extra safe, you can also tie Wi-Fi pin 9 to 3.3v, the way Cafeflex does. Just to ensure it's in the correct state.
  6. YveltalGriffin

    Ghosts αSNES

    Yes, parts will need to be harvested from a 2X-SCART. The TINK's firmware is proprietary and protected, and I have no interest in cracking or cloning it
  7. YveltalGriffin

    Ghosts αSNES

    This project has been stalled for a long time due to RGB video woes. As @thedrew and @Y2K can attest, dealing with 240p RGBS video in a portable is an absolute NIGHTMARE. No 640x480 LCD driver boards support it, and all the existing video scaler solutions are problematic. For context, I used...
  8. YveltalGriffin

    Model Dreamcast Controller Parts

    These are glorious! You're the MCAD GOAT!!!
  9. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog Kawaii

    Quick update on dock progress! The dock PCB is complete. It's 2 layers (because I'm a lazy bum) and incorporates 5V USB-C power input, the power button, a bicolor status LED, power switching and overcurrent protection for the Kawaii, Y/CVBS demuxing, and controller/AV jacks. One 3.5mm TRRS...
  10. YveltalGriffin

    Can't Upload Images?

    Glad you got it working! Photobucket moment avoided. @CrashBash can probably tell you what the actual X and Y limits are, but in my experience it's ~16MP (hence my 4500px recommendation for 4:3 photos)
  11. YveltalGriffin

    Can't Upload Images?

    iOS defaults to saving photos as HEIC, which are smaller but not as compatible. I never have issues uploading JPEGs taken on Android phones (as long as they're <4500px wide). If you're using an iPhone, maybe try disabling HEIC by going to Settings > Camera > Formats and selecting “Most...
  12. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog Kawaii

    Wesk and I really appreciate all the interest, but I need to clarify some things for all the newcomers! Nothing has been sold yet. The Google Form was an interest check, not a preorder form. Please read the entire thread before asking questions! Wesk and I have already addressed the form...
  13. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog Kawaii

    Thanks, Predue! Don't worry, you're not too late. The design still needs some work, and I have to do test fits and thermal testing with the initial case prototypes. After everything is proven out, we'll open actual preorders for a small run of CNC'd cases.
  14. YveltalGriffin

    Retro Lite CM5

    Congrats on finishing it, dude! Such a big upgrade from the CM4, can't wait to build one. Being able to use off-the-shelf docks is a gamechanger. True PD functionality with DRP and DP Alt Mode-- perfection! Feels like forever ago that we were discussing HDMI Alt Mode and converting the Pi's...
  15. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog Kawaii

    Same here. I hope surface temps can be kept low enough that you can still touch/handle the unit while it's running. There are always the two nuclear options of: using a Hollywood-2 OMEGA running the Wii at GC clocks All of the graphics will be laser-etched into the anodized aluminum. Our...
  16. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog Kawaii

    Oh yeah, the case is deceivingly small! Here are some more IRL pics. As mentioned previously, Kawaii will rely on Thundervolt for voltage regulation and undervolting. The other custom PCB is Kawaii-specific and handles the following things: MicroSD to USB with GL835 ESD, overcurrent, and...
  17. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog Kawaii

    A @Wesk and Yveltal collaboration! Last summer, while Wesk was developing the Final Destination OMEGA, he and I discussed creating a Wii micro build even smaller than the GC Nano. The first build to ever FULLY utilize the OMEGA trim. The smallest functional Wii ever made, barely larger than...
  18. YveltalGriffin

    Guide Using Retro GEM Shiny as an LCD Driver

    In my pursuit of the crispiest video possible, I did some experiments with the PixelFX Retro GEM Shiny Edition. The GEM is a 'universal' HDMI mod that works with N64, PS1, PS2, and Dreamcast, with support for more consoles on the way. What's so interesting about the GEM is that the Shiny...
  19. YveltalGriffin

    Thundervolt

    Detailed assembly instructions have been added to the Thundervolt repo! See ASSEMBLY.md in the hardware folder. The docs show how to use the jig PCBs, which make solderpaste stenciling a breeze. There are also some equipment recommendations, as well as notes on rework, bring-up, and flashing...
  20. YveltalGriffin

    [SOLD] Thundervolt 1 and Thundervolt Lite PCBs

    ALL SOLD! Prices: Thundervolt Lite (HASL, 0.5oz internal copper) SOLD Thundervolt 1 (ENIG, 1oz internal copper) SOLD Shipping within the continental US is ~$4. Shipping abroad is ~$12. Please note that the Thundervolt 1 PCBs are early prototypes. They do not have thermal reliefs on the...
Back
Top