Search results

  1. YveltalGriffin

    Question Vapcell F60 or Keeppower 6000mAh Batteries for Ashida?

    I don't see a reason to be wary. Mooch's tests on BLF indicate the capacity claims are legit. They're actually optimal for our usecase, because the additional capacity is only accessible at low discharge currents (<2A per cell). Wii portables use little power and usually discharge at 500mA -...
  2. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog Kawaii

    Short update today. One of my Hollywood-2 Wii Minis is nearly ready to trim! Note: when installing AVEflex on a Mini, a single jumper wire is required for VDATA0. Here's the revised dock PCB, incorporating a lower voltage Kawaii supply, the 20x20x6mm fan, and multiple YPbPr pinout fixes...
  3. YveltalGriffin

    Solved Best Screen Setup for Portable PS2

    If you want the absolute best video quality, lowest power consumption, and perfect compatibility across all games, then a Retro GEM Shiny is the answer: Using Retro GEM Shiny as an LCD Driver But it's not cheap, and is challenging to wire up. Other options: MST703-based driver board that...
  4. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog Kawaii

    I hope so too! My old thermal paste was dried up... the new stuff just arrived. I sanded off some of the alumina to hopefully help with heat conduction. I didn't go overboard because I need to keep the rest of the shell non-conductive. Many solder joints are in contact with the insulative...
  5. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog Kawaii

    I wired up USB and controllers today! And also 3D printed some RGB LED plugs which press-fit into place. Since the metal shell will expand as it heats up, they may need to be glued in long term. It works! As expected, things are thermally marginal. I'm still dialing in a stable...
  6. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog Kawaii

    I got a Bambu X1C and did some test prints of the dock shell. Ended up adding a ridge alongside the Kawaii and tweaking the internal mechanics a bit. Then I started working on testing the internal Kawaii PCB! I ordered the wrong size level shifter, so I'm unable to test the addressable...
  7. YveltalGriffin

    Question Maple Pad & Github (Pi Pico)

    Sorry to hear that! @Teatimetim had a similar issue and it ended up being a wiring mistake. Gotta be the case here. Some things to check: Triple check the pinout of your controller cable with a continuity meter. Each one has different wire colors, so you can't trust online pics or guides...
  8. YveltalGriffin

    Board scan PSOne PM-41(2) Board Scan

    Quick and dirty 1200DPI PSOne PM-41(2) motherboard scans. The existing scans from the PCB Strip Club had scaling issues. 7964x6292 TIFFs and PNGs are included. GOOGLE DRIVE LINK BITBUILT MIRROR LINK
  9. YveltalGriffin

    Question Maple Pad & Github (Pi Pico)

    Hey man! Glad you're getting on the MaplePad train. It's super simple to program the Pico. Go to the Releases section on the righthand side of the repo. Download the maplepad_v1.5.uf2 file corresponding to the controller type you want: standard for HKT-7700, or arcade stick for HKT-7300. Hold...
  10. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog Kawaii

    Thanks, dude! That one was hand-soldered (T15-BCM2 for AVE and T15-JS02 for passives). I hit it with some SMD291 and hot air afterwards to get everything shiny, then threw it in the ultrasonic cleaner for 10 minutes.
  11. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog Kawaii

    The ninjas can't stop this portablizer! I received the anodized aluminum prototype shells from @Ding earlier this month. In person, they actually look better than the renders. The pogo pin connector slots into the shell like so. It's held in place very securely. I also received the...
  12. YveltalGriffin

    yqwsyxl driver board

    Don't buy from Wisecoco, they charge a ridiculous amount for the 3.5" 640X480 LCD. Also, not all the driver boards configure the 3.5" panel the same way, so buying a standalone driver board is risky. You can get a full LCD + driver board combo for 28USD here...
  13. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog Wii U R&D Thread (WURD)

    The 12v regulator PGOOD can easily be bypassed (as seen here). The issue is that the two core regulators are designed for 9V - 18V input: This is very normal for wall-powered devices. Computers use the 12V ATX rail to feed their VRMs, too. Using a higher voltage like 12V means the power...
  14. YveltalGriffin

    Guide Using Retro GEM Shiny as an LCD Driver

    I have confirmed that both of the custom modelines work perfectly on PS1. The 3.5" LCD is difficult to photograph. Hopefully the sharpness comes across in this 4K recording. The motion clarity and crispness are truly unbelievable. Close-up of scanlines on the 3.5" LCD: 800x480 LCDs also...
  15. YveltalGriffin

    Thundervolt

    I have an update regarding a minor "bug" @loopj and I have noticed with Thundervolt. The risk to end users is low, but just to be extra safe, I have released new board revs and firmware to address the issue. ~ During Thundervolt testing, I noticed some strange behavior with the U10 emulation...
  16. YveltalGriffin

    Question Possible direct drive alternative?

    GCVideo DVI already outputs 480p HDMI, but you'd need to adjust the reblanker to output the 800x480 modeline the LCD requires, and probably tweak some other stuff, too. The Xilinx toolchain is pretty nasty and I wouldn't recommend going that route. Fujiflex uses 1.8v to power the FPGA 1.2v...
  17. YveltalGriffin

    Question Possible direct drive alternative?

    You bring up some good points! Hopefully I can clarify some things and answer your questions. Direct Drive does have quite a few benefits over GCVideo DVI (FujiFlex) plus an HDMI driver board. The big one is power consumption: DD draws ~350mA @ 3.3V (1.15W) A typical RTD2660 driver board...
  18. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog Kawaii

    I received the Kawaii PCBs in the mail this week. Just waiting on some components to arrive before I can begin assembly. And here are the latest photos of the laser engraved shell, courtesy of @Ding! Looks just like the renders Next steps include trimming some OMEGAs, assembling and...
Back
Top