Search results

  1. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog Wii U R&D Thread (WURD)

    Thank you very much for sharing these publicly! May I copy them into my Wii U Docs GDrive folder?
  2. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog PS4 Slim Portable

    Very cool build! 2 hours of runtime is impressive. I'm curious, where is the battery charger? I only see the PD controller, protection circuit, and balancer. Edit: nevermind, looks like the PD controller is an IP2368 charger module? Good choice
  3. YveltalGriffin

    Model Nintendo GameCube Backplate DOL-001 & DOL-101

    Nintendo GameCube Console Backplates (DOL-001 & DOL-101) I had these files professionally reverse engineered from OEM DOL-001 and DOL-101 GameCube backplates. Enjoy! Note: the labels are missing. Adding them back in is left as an exercise for the reader. They are typeset in Futura...
  4. YveltalGriffin

    Model Sega Dreamcast Controller HKT-7700

    Sega Dreamcast Controller HKT-7700 I had these files professionally reverse engineered from an OEM Dreamcast Controller. Enjoy! License: CC0 1.0 Universal (No Copyright / Public Domain)
  5. YveltalGriffin

    Release Fujiflex (GCVideo DVI flex PCB)

    There's no built-in way to turn Fujiflex off. You can add a simple circuit to power gate it based on HDMI HPD. Something like this: HPD controls a small signal N-channel MOSFET to turn on a power P-channel MOSFET. You can short the 1.8V and 3.3V inputs and use a single PFET as shown, or use...
  6. YveltalGriffin

    Discussion Investigating the Retroid Pocket Mini's Display

    In response to the furor over this post, Retroid is offering all Pocket Mini owners a free replacement front panel with the full 1240x1080 screen exposed. This provides tacit confirmation of my findings, which is pretty neat.
  7. YveltalGriffin

    Discussion Investigating the Retroid Pocket Mini's Display

    A few months ago, some Retroid Pocket Mini users began reporting issues with the Mini's display. Apparently, when using high density CRT shaders, content was not reflecting the advertised 1280x960 resolution of the 3.7" AMOLED panel. Instead, people were seeing an effective vertical resolution...
  8. YveltalGriffin

    Flashfi.re – Yveltal's Web Store

    Aiming for a late March restock of fully assembled: Thundervolt Lite Fujiflex Unnamed PTH08080-replacement regulator ...as well as bare Fujiflexes and wifiFlexes. MelonHD will probably arrive in April. The bed of nails fixture for it is a little more involved.
  9. YveltalGriffin

    Flashfi.re – Yveltal's Web Store

    Mjolnir is still on my roadmap, but I don't know when I'll get to it. Maybe this summer. I'm currently working on (re)stocking Thundervolt and melonHD, and doing some minor firmware tweaks to make TV more user-friendly and manufacturable.
  10. YveltalGriffin

    Ghosts αSNES

    Haha, probably not. But it will be fully open source! I've been finalizing the layout: Power planes on L3 and L4 Mitsumi V520B and controller ZIFs Housekeeping MCU, RGB LED, switches, multipurpose button GND planes and GND stitching Some more PCB artwork The housekeeping ATtiny will be able...
  11. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog N64 USB/Bluetooth Controller Adapter

    Hi Jackson! Cool project! :D The RP2040 and RP2350 have a USB 1.1 controller (peripheral and host mode) as well as PIO blocks which can do the sort of arbitrary protocol stuff you're after. Tails86 has had great success using them to connect USB controllers to the Dreamcast.
  12. YveltalGriffin

    Ghosts αSNES

    I've completed the placement and routing for the PD controller, LCD driver, voltage regulators, and the BMS! The BMS consists of a BQ29732 protector, MAX17055 fuel gauge, and BQ24292i charger. Only the BQ29372 is new to me-- I used both the MAX17055 and BQ24292i on my "new! UltraWii" PMS...
  13. YveltalGriffin

    Flashfi.re – Yveltal's Web Store

    Hi everyone. I just launched flashfi.re, an online store where I sell hardware I've designed and other miscellaneous portablizing stuff. Right now you can buy Thundervolt 1 (very limited quantities!), bare flexes, and Alps SKEYAJA010 tact switches. In the near future I'll be stocking melonHD...
  14. YveltalGriffin

    melonHD

    In DP Alt Mode, the SBU lines are already used for DisplayPort AUX channel
  15. YveltalGriffin

    melonHD

    Thanks! Yep, NDA with Lontium is why. I reached out to them through their public sales channel.
  16. YveltalGriffin

    Ghosts αSNES

    The MST703 schematic is ~90% complete. Turns out the MST703 driver boards I had on hand were all 18-bit RGB, so they weren't suitable for RE. I ended up basing the design on existing MST70x schematics from CSDN.net, with some spot checks from @thedrew (thanks dude!) I'm not totally satisfied...
  17. YveltalGriffin

    Ghosts αSNES

    Made some progress on the audio stuff, including the stock DAC, mixing circuit and Scampi amplifier. I2S routing detail: I'm gonna use off-the-shelf Molex Picolock cables for the speakers: Next thing to tackle is the MST703 LCD driver.
  18. YveltalGriffin

    melonHD

    Thanks, everybody! The modules will cost ~21USD each to produce. I will probably sell them for 40-50USD each to recoup some development costs, since the project has cost me around $1000. Doing this without flagrant violations of the USB spec is tricky. One option would be reducing...
  19. YveltalGriffin

    melonHD

    melonHD is a video converter module I designed based around Lontium Semiconductor's LT6711A. It accepts an HDMI 2.0 input signal (up to 2160p) and outputs USB-C DisplayPort 1.2 Alt Mode. melonHD's purpose is to enable easy USB-C video output in any portable that has HDMI output. Here's a...
  20. YveltalGriffin

    Ghosts αSNES

    I've been working on the mainboard routing some more. It's tough stuff. I chickened out and moved to a 6-layer board. The SNES core routing would've been a nightmare with only two signal layers. The schematic is only about halfway done. Long way to go...
Back
Top