Search results

  1. YveltalGriffin

    [Group Buy] $25 3.5" 640*480 VGA/HDMI LCD

    Some good news: I just heard from the seller that the LCDs are slated to ship on May 12th!
  2. YveltalGriffin

    [FS] Shinobi Scaler

    The remaining parts made it! I'm going to start assembly this weekend.
  3. YveltalGriffin

    [Group Buy] $25 3.5" 640*480 VGA/HDMI LCD

    Unfortunately I spoke too soon regarding shipping. Due to the Workers' Day holidays the seller is saying the screens will ship on May 19!! I have no idea why the lead time is so long... maybe the entire batch of driver boards has to be manufactured? I've asked them to rush the order and aim for...
  4. YveltalGriffin

    Question Wii Motherboard Stackup

    Yep, the other internal layer is entirely GND! You can see a glimpse of it in this partial scan I took. The stackup from top to bottom is: Top signal GND Voltage Bottom signal
  5. YveltalGriffin

    [Group Buy] $25 3.5" 640*480 VGA/HDMI LCD

    Thanks for responding/paying so quickly over the weekend, everybody! I just wired payment to the seller this morning. (Fees were a bit steeper than expected so I only got 3pcs for myself.) They should arrive in a week or so. See below
  6. YveltalGriffin

    [Group Buy] $25 3.5" 640*480 VGA/HDMI LCD

    Last call! I'm cutting off orders in ~7 hours, at 12:00AM EDT on 4/22/23. I'll start reaching out to folks to collect payment later today. Once everyone has paid, I'll order the screens.
  7. YveltalGriffin

    [FS] Shinobi Scaler

    Boards and TV5725 ICs arrived today! Just waiting on a couple other parts from China.
  8. YveltalGriffin

    [FS] Shinobi Scaler

    You're in luck! Because some of the ICs come in lots of 10, I had to order enough parts for 20 units. So I can potentially accommodate a couple stragglers (3 units max.) :)
  9. YveltalGriffin

    [Group Buy] $25 3.5" 640*480 VGA/HDMI LCD

    Up to 37 so far. Awesome! :awesome: Some folks had questions about shipping costs-- just to be clear, I'm covering the initial shipping costs from China. You are only responsible for paying for shipping from my location (Florida) to yours. You can PM me here or on Discord (YveltalGriffin#8080)...
  10. YveltalGriffin

    [Group Buy] $25 3.5" 640*480 VGA/HDMI LCD

    Hi all. @CrazyGadget mentioned to me that he and others in the community may be interested in a group buy for the popular 3.5" 640*480 LCDs with VGA/HDMI driver board. These are scalped sold on Aliexpress by Wisecoco as "JT035IPS02-V0" for around $65. A "Yqwsyxl" branded one is also available on...
  11. YveltalGriffin

    [FS] Shinobi Scaler

    All right, Stoned makes 17! Preorders are now closed! I'm covering the initial cost of parts because I don't feel comfortable charging you guys 3+ weeks before I'm able to ship devices. Keep an eye on the thread for updates-- I'll post photos of the parts and PCBs once they arrive, as well as...
  12. YveltalGriffin

    MGC 2023

    This was my first MGC, and it was super fun! My flight left eaaarly in the morning. Rough day of traveling for this night owl! But it was all worth it once I saw the infamous "Recombobulation Area" at MKE. Sweet view of the skywalk from my hotel window! Like cy mentioned, on Friday we all...
  13. YveltalGriffin

    [FS] Shinobi Scaler

    Thanks for all the interest, everybody! We're at 16 boards so far. :awesome: Preorders will close tomorrow (Friday, April 7). Then I'll be placing orders for the PCBs and components this weekend. Btw, I've made some very small changes to the board design. First, the USB-C port will now work...
  14. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog PS Hanami Worklog

    Well, I'm back from MGC, so I can continue documenting the build process! On Feb 26 I retrimmed the cut-in-half mobo, removing the top section where the ports used to be. However, I realized that I hadn't left a wide enough gap between the two mobo halves. There wasn't enough slack in the...
  15. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog PS Hanami Worklog

    To show you the power of portablizing... ...I cut this board in half! Taking a page out of @tzmwx 's book on this one! Seriously, thanks for the inspiration, dude. Your Saturn mods are incredible. Welcome to magnet wire hell! Soldering right to the traces was mandatory due to the relocated...
  16. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog PS Hanami Worklog

    [This is a retroactive worklog for the PS1 portable I built for MGC 2023. I may have to double post a bit to document everything!] Last month, I was feeling burned out from working on so many complicated, difficult projects involving custom PCBs. What better way to get my groove back than some...
  17. YveltalGriffin

    [FS] Shinobi Scaler

    These "preorders" will close around April 5 (or earlier if we hit 20 boards). Then I'll collect payment once all the boards are built and tested. So payment will likely be due the last week of April, since quite a few parts have to ship from China.
  18. YveltalGriffin

    [FS] Shinobi Scaler

    Hi all! I will be building a small run of fully assembled & tested Shinobi Scalers in April (after MGC). This thread is to gauge interest and determine how many PCBs I need to order. These boards will be built with 100% new parts and will come pre-programmed with the GBS Control firmware...
  19. YveltalGriffin

    Yveltal's Aqua Retro Lite CM4

    This is my Retro Lite CM4, designed by @Dmcke5 and @StonedEdge! It's a Switch Lite style handheld powered by the Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4. Many thanks to my friend StonedEdge for hooking me up with a kit last fall. It took me a little while to get around to assembling the unit, but I'm...
  20. YveltalGriffin

    Worklog PS1 Native VGA mod (15khz)

    Looks like that's a PM-41 (2) which has the GPU RAM combined into the GPU. The pinout is "rotated" slightly compared to the original GPU, but you can still grab H-Sync and V-Sync from these convenient solder pads! Pin 64 is VSYNC and Pin 65 is HSYNC.
Back
Top