Question Second Trimmed Wii with a 3.3V short

Hello!

I'm in the process of making an Ashida Wii. I am super new with all of this stuff and everything I have learned I've learned here or on YouTube as I go. I have gotten as far as completing the OMGWTF trim on two different Wii motherboards and both of them have a short on 3.3. I'm sanding them starting with 120 all the way to 1000 grit sandpaper. Please help me understand what I am doing wrong!

Does the U10 have to be relocated for the 3.3 to be intact? I purchased the PMS 2 which has U10 emulation so I did not relocate it on the boards

This is my first attempt:
tempImageeK2Wzv.pngtempImage6xGIgK.png
This one I did fully hook up to the PMS 2 and tried to test. The tv showed a scrambled screen.

This is my second attempt. In removing the caps circled in red one of the lines peeled up a bit. Not sure if that's causing issues.
tempImageLh5dPI.pngtempImagexIhG3m.pngIMG_4153.jpg

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Is it a 0 ohms short, or is your multimeter just beeping when you check 3.3v?

Is it a 0 ohms short, or is your multimeter just beeping when you check 3.3v?
Update: I got compressed air see if anything had gotten under the microchips. No change. I've looked over the board for globs of solder even though I was incredibly careful with that. I don't see any components around the edges that I have missed. I've sanded up to 1200 grit.

I'm nervous to get another motherboard without having any clue what I've done wrong with these two.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I wish I had a suggestion for you, but I just can't see anything visually amiss. Both trims look like they should be fine