Question Obscure back up camera screen to use for portable

Hey everyone! Just had a quick question. My shop teacher at school gave me an old back up camera screen to mess around with, and of course the first thing I thought of was to use it for a Wii portable! However, not only do I know nothing about the screen whatsoever as there’s no branding or manufacturer that I can research, it also uses an obscure cable that I’ve never seen before (it must combine both video and power because it’s the only cable on the entire thing). If anyone has any experience with a similar product or can give any advice on how to incorporate it into a project, your feedback would be much appreciated!
D8F845DF-9853-41A3-9B36-5FA33F57471A.jpeg
AAF24A4A-7347-42C6-BBEF-B7256843C07F.jpeg
CDF7CBC0-9B49-466C-90A2-D2EE3FAD0771.jpeg

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Yeah I've seen those before. It's just a PS/2 connector that some screens used to use for a breakout cable. It's nothing special, it just carries the pins for power, ground, and composite/component input. If you check the silkscreen under the driver board, it should list the pinout

Portables
I've been using screens like this for my portables, usually when you flip the blue PCB attached to the screen it has the pinout of the connector on its silkscreen (as Stitches said)
Try that, or if you don't want no remove the PCB, only get your multimeter in continuity function and find out which pins of the connector you need

NOTE: In these types of screens, sometimes you have to turn on manually the screen with the buttons when turning on the console, the solution for that is a bridge on a pin called "REVERSE" / "REVERSE LIGHT" / "RL" to 12V (in my case the pin was called "ACC" and had a green cable). This also let you remove the button PCB as well

Hope it can help you