Question i need help pls

i am trying to trim my wii, but i need a heat gun to desoldder the power. problem is, im scared it can burn my house down and i dont have any unflammable surface. how do i do it without a heat gun

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
You don't need a hot air rework station (different from a heat gun, a heat gun wouldn't be appropriate for this application). If you're talking about removing the LDO or U10 (as mentioned in the previous post), you can still do both of those with just a soldering iron, as long as it is capable of decent thermal transfer and you're using good flux. In any case, it would be pretty hard for you to burn your house down with a hot air rework station, so long as you don't point at anything that will combust with too much heat. Check out this guide for removing the U10 without hot air. You can use a similar technique with the LDO, but it will take a lot more heat and time.

nah, i mean the wall power. i saw in a few tutos i cant just remove it i need it to test it since i dont have the big electrical box with custom voltage

welp, Good news! i have heat resistant mats that go up to 500 c and my little "helping hands" are made out of obviously metal, so im fine! my question is, it thus a good choice of budget heat gun?

LRT 8018A Hot Air Rework Station Solder Heat Gun SMD Desoldering Tools

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
nah, i mean the wall power. i saw in a few tutos i cant just remove it i need it to test it since i dont have the big electrical box with custom voltage
I'm still not fully understanding what you're looking to do here... you don't need to desolder the power port prior to trimming. The only things some people remove prior to trimming are any components that sit on (or close to) the trim line. You can desolder any and all of that stuff with just your iron, no hot air needed. I typically just trim, and then clean up the junk on the edges with my iron after the trim is done. That being said, you can use hot air if you *really* wanted to. I hear there are some good, cheap 858 clones on aliexpress. I can't personally vouch for their quality tho.

Also, you can edit your posts instead of multi-posting, it prevents the threads from getting unnecessary bulky.