Ashida Progress (and issues)

Evening all,

Thanks to a lot of help and guidance from everyone around here, my Ashida is coming along swimmingly.

The first major issue I wanted to get some insight on however, is my lack of audio.
After wiring it all up (and having no audio) I realized that I had forgotten to wire up headphone sense (HS) to the Wii board, and volume (V) back to the PMS.
I was hoping that this would solve the issue, but sadly not.

Any suggestions on what I should look into first.
- There is no audio coming from the speakers.
- There is no audio coming from the headphone jack.
- I can't seem to find any audio settings in the RVLoader settings.

BTW, the wiring isn't the prettiest thing I have seen on this site, but I am pretty proud of it. Especially as it's the first time using magnet wires.

Cheers,
Labrat

Attachments

Have you tried soldering your speakers directly to the pads? Sometimes the pressure fitting of it doesn't work as intended. Magnet wires aren't needed (iirc, someone can correct me if wrong) for your audio so you could also just redo those wires for good measure.
I am yet to build an Ashida myself but I have been watching as many videos and streams of the process to better understand it and these types of posts do also help with the information (for me at least) so thanks for posting the issues you are having! I hope I was to some extend some help :P

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
If you're not seeing any audio settings available in RVLoader, I would think there's a problem with the i2c communication (SDA / SCL). Are you able to see temperature / battery level in RVLoader? And in the RVLoader settings, under status, does it say "PMS2 / Lite detected" and "UAMP2 / RVL-AMP detected"?

Have you tried soldering your speakers directly to the pads? Sometimes the pressure fitting of it doesn't work as intended. Magnet wires aren't needed (iirc, someone can correct me if wrong) for your audio so you could also just redo those wires for good measure.
I am yet to build an Ashida myself but I have been watching as many videos and streams of the process to better understand it and these types of posts do also help with the information (for me at least) so thanks for posting the issues you are having! I hope I was to some extend some help :P
I was thinking that it may be an issue with the pressure pins on the speakers, but I am not getting any info back from the U-Amp, nor anything from the headphones which I find odd.
Either way, I think I will wire up the speakers just to be safe.

You're not wrong, I have found a few issues along the way which I have been able to sort by going through other people's posts/buildlogs.

Cheers,

If you're not seeing any audio settings available in RVLoader, I would think there's a problem with the i2c communication (SDA / SCL). Are you able to see temperature / battery level in RVLoader? And in the RVLoader settings, under status, does it say "PMS2 / Lite detected" and "UAMP2 / RVL-AMP detected"?
Hey mate,

These are the main lines for the U-AMP? I can see temperature and battery level no problem.

In the RVLoader settings I can see:
"GC+2.0 Detected"
"PMS2 Detected"

But no RVL-AMP (which I am using) detected.

Let me look into the SDA/SCL lines again and see if anything looks awry.

Cheers,

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
My guess here is that you didn't wire SDA / SCL between the PMS and the UAMP, and that you only have those lines going between the Wii and the PMS.

Also you can edit your post instead of double posting, it helps keep thread clutter down.

My guess here is that you didn't wire SDA / SCL between the PMS and the UAMP, and that you only have those lines going between the Wii and the PMS.

Also you can edit your post instead of double posting, it helps keep thread clutter down.
OK, I have been a right fool.

Have got the lines running from the PMS to the Wii, but not from the RVL-AMP to the PMS.
You got it in one Gadget.

EDIT: You champion. Ran the lines between the PMS and the RVL-AMP and we are golden. Clean crisp audio.
Wahooo!

Cheers guys!!

Last edited:
Who would have thought it, I am back again!!

This time with a slightly closer to the finish line issue.
I can see this issue has been touched on in other discussions, but unsure if anyone has yet found a solution.

There are a couple of games in which a certain button seems to be 'digitally' stuck down.
What I mean is that when I test the buttons through RVLoader, they all are fine, both showing up as depressed and not depressed when they should, but when I play certain games, the gameplay shows that a button is depressed.

Certain games will play fine however!

I have noticed it so far on:

Wii - Mario Kart (reverse seems to be stuck on) (Have tested this on both PAL and NTSC versions)
GC - 007: Everything or Nothing (Fire weapon is stuck on)
GC - Burnout 2 (Horn is stuck on)

What I do find very strange is the fact that these are different buttons for each game...
I would imagine, if it were a wiring issue that the same button would be stuck on across all games?

Has anyone else come across this issue?

Cheers,

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Who would have thought it, I am back again!!

This time with a slightly closer to the finish line issue.
I can see this issue has been touched on in other discussions, but unsure if anyone has yet found a solution.

There are a couple of games in which a certain button seems to be 'digitally' stuck down.
What I mean is that when I test the buttons through RVLoader, they all are fine, both showing up as depressed and not depressed when they should, but when I play certain games, the gameplay shows that a button is depressed.

Certain games will play fine however!

I have noticed it so far on:

Wii - Mario Kart (reverse seems to be stuck on) (Have tested this on both PAL and NTSC versions)
GC - 007: Everything or Nothing (Fire weapon is stuck on)
GC - Burnout 2 (Horn is stuck on)

What I do find very strange is the fact that these are different buttons for each game...
I would imagine, if it were a wiring issue that the same button would be stuck on across all games?

Has anyone else come across this issue?

Cheers,
Some others have had issues with controls in specific games being funky, like double inputs, or being unable to hold an input down. Mario Kart Wii seems to be a common culprit for this kind of issue. I'm afraid I don't remember anyone finding any solutions to this yet, so I can only advise of standard issue general troubleshooting

Some others have had issues with controls in specific games being funky, like double inputs, or being unable to hold an input down. Mario Kart Wii seems to be a common culprit for this kind of issue. I'm afraid I don't remember anyone finding any solutions to this yet, so I can only advise of standard issue general troubleshooting
Evening Stitches,

Thank for your input. This is actually quite reassuring to hear to be honest; I couldn't work it out for the life of me!
Fingers crossed it may be a software issue that can be resolved in the future.

Thanks again,