Ashida display board wire guide?

Jensie

I see the pins guide on the back of the board but im not understanding the def trim guide to which ones im putting where i dont quite understand most of it

I see the pins guide on the back of the board but im not understanding the def trim guide to which ones im putting where i dont quite understand most of it
Pins 7, 9, and 11 in the definitive wii trimming guide for audio/video relocation is RED, GREEN, BLUE respectively. If you're doing VGA you'll need these pins connected as well as the H sync and V sync pins from the AVE.

If you're doing composite video you'll need pin 3 connected to an AV connection on the driver board as well as a ground to the ground pin below your AV connection on the board.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

Jensie

So foind
Pins 7, 9, and 11 in the definitive wii trimming guide for audio/video relocation is RED, GREEN, BLUE respectively. If you're doing VGA you'll need these pins connected as well as the H sync and V sync pins from the AVE.

If you're doing composite video you'll need pin 3 connected to an AV connection on the driver board as well as a ground to the ground pin below your AV connection on the board.

Hope this helps.
i didnt have to worry about the key in spot ? Edit: Thanks alot my guy this actually is really easy to understand now

Last edited:
Also pin 8 off to the left of the AVE in the definitive wii trimming guide will need to be wired to 3.3V to force VGA if you're going that route.

3.3V can be pulled from pin 10 in the audio/video relocation section of the guide.

Jensie

Says key in on the top but i guess its not needed. And do you recommend coming straight of pin 8 on ave or that spot thats right next to 10?

IMG_20230314_193712141_HDR.jpg

Says key in on the top but i guess its not needed. And do you recommend coming straight of pin 8 on ave or that spot thats right next to 10?

View attachment 26578
Key in is for changing the source input on the driver board, as for pin 8 in the trimming guide, that pin needs to be connected to 3.3v for VGA to actually work. You can also connect to TP47 up and to the right of that pin instead if it's easier for you since it's directly connected to pin 8. Pin 8 and Pin 10 are both things on the wii motherboard.

Pin 10 is an option for getting 3.3v to pin 8 but it isn't a requirement to use pin 10. You can take 3.3v from any source and have it connect to pin 8 and it should be fine.