2023 Summer Competition Results and Prizes

CrashBash

No emulation, real hardware
Staff member
Summer has ended and along with it the 2023 Summer competition. This year we saw a variety of project types get started ranging from the original Playstation and XBOX to the Sega Dreamcast and Nintendo N64 (Any many others). By far the most adventurous year for setting the groundwork for future documentation and projects - even if those projects may have not been completed in time for the competition. A large thanks to all who partook in the competition! With that said...

Projects in the "2023 Summer Building Contest" subforum will be moved to their appropriate work log subforum in the coming week. All finished project owners are welcome to make a cutting edge post.

Prize Winners:

1st place: RDNoob26's 2 consoles in 1 Wii And NX dock on gamecube case
RDNoob26.PNG
2nd place: Lego_Rocket's Pro Controller X
Lego_Rocket Pro.jpg
3rd place Retro95's The Chicken Nugget Boy!
Retro95.png

Honorable mentions (excluding the prize winners) were:
  • Redherring32 (60.8%)
  • Len-Rod (11.8%)
  • Y2K & thedrew (Both 2%)
Percents given as portion of all votes, including the winners.
Shout outs to 2 people who voted "the fish dude" and "Crashbash for president"

Prizes: Competition winners will be contacted shortly along with their forum badges being created/assigned. Prizes will be picked by the winners in order of placement.

• Paid travel to the Midwest Gaming Classic convention in Milwaukee Wisconsin (Cash alternative available)
  • A set of 4Layer Tech boards (RVL PMS2, PD 2, UAMP2, GC+, Ashida pcb kit, 5" IPS screen)
    • Donated by @Gman of 4Layer Tech
  • $100 USD

Last edited:

Retro95

2023 3rd Place
Portables
Congrats everyone! That was a lot of fun and I learned a lot with my project.

Really cool to see everyone's amazing ideas and I can't wait to see next year's endeavors.

RDNoob26

2023 1st Place
Portables
G-boy Wii, VariaPAD
Thank you very much guys for making all this cool knowledge about console modding available for the public.

I got amazed the first time I saw a trimmed Wii, and now I am happy to be able to do this myself :D