Search results

1. Darth_Melek

GameCube JoyCon CAD Files

Hello again, sorry for being gone, I had to take my pc to repairs and the technician at the lab cause further damage to the computer rather than fixing it rendering it unusable for any work, so I got a new pc and managed to salvage most of my work from the old one as the old one was pretty much...
  2. Darth_Melek

Ok update on that one I managed to do make the shape of the hole for the z button and I can use it to carve a whole on the left side of the controller but before I do that I want to check with you guys if I did that correctly by this image, if the shell is connected correctly and if I should...
  3. Darth_Melek

currently trying to add a hole for a second Z button, if anyone happens to know where I can get a 3d model of a z button it will help me spare a lot of time modeling the shape of one that perfectly matches the hole.
  4. Darth_Melek

as I said I'm gonna get a controller first and then do that
  5. Darth_Melek

I would model it from scratch but I don't know how the actuators even look like in real life up close. In the video he had to even cut one to make it fit and then add a 3d printed part to it. Yes it will save tons of work to actually model a merged version of the original actuator and the 3d...
  6. Darth_Melek

Thank you man that will help even more --------MERGE POST-------- Hmmmm only problem I seem to have is to actually get Gamecube controller actuators. I can't find original spare ones online. Can it also be 3d scanned in theory? --------YET ANOTHER MERGE-------- Ok so here what I might do...
  7. Darth_Melek

I most likely won't be able to do that before you but if you're going to do so that will be amazing. It will save all the measurmants with a 3d model of the rails. I'll still need to figure out how to make the centerpiece in a way where the rails won't fall out of it. Also don't forget to add a...
  8. Darth_Melek

I was actually thinking of taking shells and 3d scanning them somehow so in Blender I can make printable models that are already cut in half. I mean one day there won't be any shells remaining in this world so this will be a workaround
  9. Darth_Melek

What about the Wireless Gamecube controller for the switch? It has buttons that seem accurate to the original and has all the new + and - buttons
  10. Darth_Melek

Oh I see, I'll try to look at the model again in Blender and see how I can manage it. And later on figure out how to put the rails inside.
  11. Darth_Melek

You mean you tensioned the docking rails? And if so did you make your own docking rails? Or did you use the metal ones from the charging joycon grip? Thank you for all this great work btw
  12. Darth_Melek

Hey just a small question before starting my project on this. How did you add the fuction for the gamecube joycons to be released from the rails? Is the grip release button somewhere else, or did you do something to make the joycons easily removeable eliminating the need for such a button?