Search results

1. Brainskin

Brainskin's GBoy Rev3

Update: Still waiting for the Joystick seems it will take another week. I decided to move on: 1) VGA: I already have composite, why switch to VGA? Thats what I have been telling myself. But after the making it work the difference is night and day! I knew this part is going to take time, so...
  2. Brainskin

Brainskin's GBoy Rev3

Good point, but I ended up sanding a couple of days ago and it wasnt too bad. Took around 20 mins and got it just right to fit the case. Moved on to button connections, which I did the controller wii via before, so it was only a matter of 3.3v, ground and the 6 wires from shoulder buttons to...
  3. Brainskin

Brainskin's GBoy Rev3

Update: Worked in the other side of the case: Installed the screen after the inducer removed. Installed the Switch Sticks and GC+2.0 PCB. the B button was getting stuck so I had to constantly shave the button not the case(easier, more accurate and can replace it if I mess up) with a craft...
  4. Brainskin

Brainskin's GBoy Rev3

Update: Made the connections between the PMS and USBC: 1) connected the Button, VSYS, 5v, SDA and SCL. Shout out to BitBuilt team for updating PMS to have dedicated pads. I found pads next to 5v that were not labeled but Cofirmed with a multimeter that it has continuity to 5v. So I assumed...
  5. Brainskin

Alvaro’s first wii portable!

Someone could correct me You are checking the resistance to see if it matches or at lease close to the chart Nold made. If there was a short, you expect the resistence to be waaay lower. Again, You are not checking for continuity. Continuity will sound if there is 0 resistance ( so its a good...
  6. Brainskin

Brainskin's GBoy Rev3

Finaly received my Gboy kit! I started out with installing the shoulder buttons, right one kept getting stuck, so with a little sanding its much better, I still get that plastic sound, but it doesnt bother me. Unfortunately the top right screw does not thread anymore so I need to find a work...
  7. Brainskin

Brainskin's GBoy Rev3

Yeah, the board and MX chip were sand from 120 to 1200. I can clearly see the 4 lays when viewed sideways. Thanks for letting me know, I got similar numbers +/- 5 ohms, but seems like some solder joins were hard to read from except with certain positions. Thanks for the feedback! yeah, you...
  8. Brainskin

Brainskin's GBoy Rev3

Hey guys, So I am coming from no experience in electronics, have been learning the basics and some small soldering projects to lead up to tackling the Gboy for the past month. Well, The time is here! I am still waiting for my light blue kit, which should arrive this week! therefore decided to...
  9. Brainskin

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hey Guys, I am been following the moding scene for a while and finally decided to jump in with GBoy kit. Happy to be part of the community!