Search results

1. Missfluffylove

Question GBA broke while changing screen

Does that scratch truly mean I have to retry on a different gba? Not that I mind I’m just upset I ruined a perfectly fine gba :( any tips for when I get a new one?? I’m determined to get better at this!
  2. Missfluffylove

Err unfortunately no, that was an accident trying to get screw out. Did that ruin it :(
  3. Missfluffylove

Something changed. Now when I turned it on, nothing happens but when I turn it off the light flickers green for a second then off. It had worked fine before I took it apart. Don’t see how the power switch could have gotten messy in the time I did all this. Also, the back of the screen is covered...
  4. Missfluffylove

OH you’re right! Thank you for noticing that!! Do you think I should give it a try?? I’ve soldered multiple small projects with 80% success rate. No harm done if it doesn’t work right?
  5. Missfluffylove

I’ve done soldering before, and for my first major project, I thought it was going good. Is that the reason it won’t turn on at all??
  6. Missfluffylove

I soldered the new screen and speaker, everything looked good until I tried to turn it on. Nothing. While I was unscrewing the board to put electrical tape over back of screen, a piece fell out. Not sure how badly I screwed up while soldering. Should I get a new GBA and reuse the screen and...
  7. Missfluffylove

My first project

Hi! I’m completely new to soldering, and want to build my skills up to building stuff like the g-boy. But first, I’m starting out with smaller, easier projects. I bought a kit from amazon, a ‘velleman’ kit, I believe, and am posting the results here for feedback. The lights flicker like a strobe...
  8. Missfluffylove

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hello! I’m new to soldering and hope to get better.