Search results

1. Alvaro

Question How do the buttons work on a Wii Portable?

thats not a squishy tact. just look at this gwii bom which has everything you would need and there is also links to like 3 more at the bottom. you can see there.
  2. Alvaro

Question How do the buttons work on a Wii Portable?

the easiest way is just to get a squishy tact and wire it to gc+ plus and gnd. gc+ is literally a controller already no need to waste an actual gamecube controller
  3. Alvaro

Question First (Very Rough) Inside design of a Wii Portable

this design looks to be very similar to gwii, maybe look into it?
  4. Alvaro

Worklog Indigo G-Wii rev 2

never really updated this but i finished my gwii, thanks gman for the pro tip on the led and thermistor. I finished it but it wasnt easy, had many issues to troubleshoot and i opened and closed the case like 20 times. Somehow the screwpost still work lol. But ya i had an issue with video not...
  5. Alvaro

Worklog Black Beautii -- SparkleBear's G-Wii Rev 2 Worklog. :)

Yea no problem man, its coming out great!
  6. Alvaro

no i did not, when i get my vga wired i definitely will! thank you^^
  7. Alvaro

some updates! almost done putting her together… all that is left is vga+joysticks. I spent so much time fitting my trigger in to feel good. I used a combination of sanding and superglue as like a filler kinda. Not really sure how others dual tact shoulder buttons are but i kept trying to make it...
  8. Alvaro

You basically have to unsolder the resistors that each button connects to then solder them straight to the tact switches on the mount followed by a wire that goes to the “key” pin or atleast thats what mine was labeled to. I fucked one of the resistors for one of the buttons but no biggie, i...
  9. Alvaro

After completing a g-boy months ago I was left with a thirst to portabalize again but this time in a more comfortable form factor. So I sold my G-boy and researched the G-wii to make one! Recently ordered all the things I need. I started this project last night with desoldering my display driver...
  10. Alvaro

Alvaro’s first wii portable!

never posted on here but i finished it! lotta troubleshooting red channel for vga becausd im dumb. atleast the audio wiring went really smooth and easy haha. anyways here my pics even though i didnt really update much here. big thanks to all the people on the discord who put up with me and...
  11. Alvaro

after two hours of doing the video and dataline because they were so small, WE GOT POWER AND I AM EXTREMELY HAPPY!!! so much joy its indescribable that everything is working :)))))). i was almost frustrated because it didnt work at first, but i had to change the source haha!
  12. Alvaro

well i got my question answered via discord but still had issues with the ground point and my wire was to short to reach any other gnd point (i was going to use the screw post metal, i think you can do that). anyways i kept trying and i had it on for a bit and it broke! i now have it on again...
  13. Alvaro

after a very very long hiatus because of life, i have returned to tackle the project. but ive run into an issue. my ground wire to the display came off to poor soldering and i ended up with something ugly trying to put it back on. im not sure if i permanently damaged C147 so ill attach a...
  14. Alvaro

hey guys its been a while and i have been busy but i got my kit last month and have just gotten around to starting it! this is my progress so far, got the fan up and running. im confused on how to check the pd charging tho, i dont want to fuck anything up. do i need the battery in to check it? i...
  15. Alvaro

Brainskin's GBoy Rev3

im not the one to be giving advice but sanding would take a while to get a cm off. You could just use a dremel with a vacuum to get all the dust and quickly cut a measured portion and just resmooth the edges again.
  16. Alvaro

ok cool that info helps a lot. when i measure resistance yesterday i was getting numbers kind of close to that but some where like 2k ohms up on what the chart says. is that fine, what is the +/- threshold of being fine? if so i think everything is good and i now just have to wait for my kit :)
  17. Alvaro

Brainskin's GBoy Rev3

looks sick gl!
  18. Alvaro

update: i think i measured the resistances right. they are somewhat near that of the rvk 02 spreadsheet on the link. not sure what im suppose to be looking for but i think everything is good. the only thing i noticed is when i connect the 1.15v to the 1v for continuity a number pops up but no...
  19. Alvaro

i modded it w bbloader and i sanded all the way up to 1500 actually. i will try testing the voltage lines today/try and figure out because in pretty new at this stuff. thank you! edit: how do i measure the if there is any shorts? am i suppose to put the multimeter on continuity or resistance...
  20. Alvaro

i have relocated the chip. will this work? its really ugly. i havent soldered in a WHILE and it was harder than expected because of how small it was. can someone also do a detailed explanation on how i should check if everything works. thanks!