Search results

1. eutectic

microSD connection to computer not working

Yeah my 5v (green wire) was wired incorrectly on the PMS. I had it soldered to a vsys point, i believe.
  2. eutectic

I actually had one on hand. Tried it and it connects intermittently in the same way as the usb-c to usb-a cable.
  3. eutectic

I was using a usb-c to usb-c cable. No improvement was made by flipping the connections. When I tried a usb-c to usb-a, the connection was also intermittent but at an infrequent interval. The microSD would show up for a split second and then disappear for ~1-8 seconds.
  4. eutectic

I was messing around some more, and I noticed that the microSD does not connect to my computer with one battery cell in the gboy. If I take the battery out without changing anything else, the connection is intermittent as described above. Could this be an issue with the PMS as a change in...
  5. eutectic

I am at the end of the USB-C PCB wiring step where you test if the microSD can connect to a computer. When I plug the USB-C cord into my computer, the drive intermittently is connected. The computer continually plays the connect and disconnect sound. I've checked and reworked all of the...
  6. eutectic

Capacitor removal on Wii not shown in manual

On one of my re-reads of the manual, I noticed that the row of 5 capacitors on the Wii board are present in step 2, but are shown as removed in step 13 without any mention in the manual. What's the recommended method for removal? Just twist those suckers off? Thanks for all the hard work put...
  7. eutectic

Discussion G-Boy Rev III - DIY Portable Kit

Hahahaha of course! Thanks!
  8. eutectic

Discussion G-Boy Rev III - DIY Portable Kit

While I wait for my kit to arrive, I wanted to get the Wii trimming completed. The software preparation section of the trimming guide says that a new version of PortablizeMii is coming and the guide will be updated then. I can't find any information about this new version, or even if it's...