Search results

1. Question Amps required to power the n64?

Hey everyone, So I'm aware that the Nintendo 64 can be powered by 5v by cutting or removing the pin and 3.3v but I am just wondering how many amps does it take to power/turn on the console? Theoretically is it possible to power the n64 with a micro usb port for 5v and then wire that to a down...
  2. New 3ds Xl Micro Usb Charging Port Replacement

This isn't a very exciting mod and it wasn't done exceptionally well given the glue, but my fiancé found her Nintendo 3ds but the charging port was broken so I quickly replaced it using a micro usb breakout board that I had laying around. The 3ds normally takes 4.6v however 5v works just fine...
  3. Board scan Great Cheap 240p Line Doubler

Hey guys I wanted to start by saying I'm sorry if this is the wrong spot for this post. I just wanted to post about a retro gaming line doubler that I found on amazon that I have been personally using for months now that I thought might help people with their portables. It is a 240p line...
  4. 5.5" Oled Screens?

Hey everyone! I hope you're all doing very well during these trying times! I'm just wondering does anyone have any experience with the 5.5" oled screens from aliexpress? If not does anyone have any reasons why they shouldn't be used? (Besides the possibility of burn in). It accepts hdmi and...
  5. Worklog My First N64 Portable

Hey everyone! So for the longest time I have wanted to make my own nintendo 64 portable. A while ago I took my first stab at it and ran into some issues. However I have been working on it again and am more determined than ever. Currently I am using 2x2 sets of samsung 18650 3500mah batteries...
  6. Question Do you think this wire is fine?

Hey everyone, just a quick question, do you think this type of wire is fine for wiring my n64 portable? I'm thinking of using 22 gauge for the power and 28 gauge for video, sound and the controller. here is a link to the wire...
  7. Thoughts on integrating the Retrotink 2x in N64 portable

Hi all, in case you're unaware of what the retrotink 2x is, it is a relatively cheap 240p line doubler that accepts component, svideo and composite and outputs 480p over mini hdmi with under 1ms input lag added. It also offers a "smoothing toggle feature" which could be beneficial for some n64...
  8. Question Battery Question + N64 PMS

Hey everyone! I've wanted to build a portable for many years and finally am hoping to get into it. Before I have been planning out everything so that I can verify that the theory behind the portable will work before ruining the console's motherboard. I am hoping to verify the batteries for the...