Search results

1. GroovyMusicMan

Spare wire spools solder, fiberglass pencils, and flux.

I've got lots of 22awg 34awg magnet wire and I don't remember the other one but I think it's 26. I also have 2 soldering steel wool, 2 fiberglass pencils, a bottle of flux, a spool of soldering tin, and some soldering braid. Plz dm me with an offer, or if you want more pictures. Gotta be at...
  2. GroovyMusicMan

Question Starting my first portable

This is a tremendous help, and very detailed. Thanks
  3. GroovyMusicMan

Secret Santa 2023: Post your gifts here!

I'm glad it was a good gift, sorry i forgot the username.
  4. GroovyMusicMan

Secret Santa 2023: Post your gifts here!

I just got my package today. This was really thoughtful. My favorite albums from both artists (mbdtf and ye, and bad are close seconds) and this midi keyboard is amazing. It will ne really useful. Thanks Icy System. I really appreciate your effort. I couldn't ask for better
  5. GroovyMusicMan

BitBuilt's 2023 Secret Santa!

When do the secret Santa picks get announced
  6. GroovyMusicMan

Worklog First potable

I've got my buttons tho
  7. GroovyMusicMan

Worklog First potable

I've started soldering, and am waiting for pieces to come in the mail. At this point the only thing I'm worried about is the ashida case. I'd like to make some minor cosmetic adjustments to the case. The interior will be unchanged, just adding a custom logo potentially, and some faux retro...
  8. GroovyMusicMan

Worklog First potable

I followed this video to attempt checking resistances.( Idk what I'm doing btw ) i have the multimeter set to its last setting i had it on. For the first 6 i had it set to 200 Anyway, idk if I'm using the tool right or not After work I'll make a table like the one on the spread sheet to make...
  9. GroovyMusicMan

Worklog First potable

Done sanding. Now I just gotta check resistances. Unfortunately I forgot to get that tool. Idk if I overlooked it in the tool thread, but I'll check that asap. And also remove the chip on the edge that's sanded through if needed
  10. GroovyMusicMan

Question buying pcb's for the ashida

Here's the screenshots. I forgot to add them
  11. GroovyMusicMan

Worklog First potable

Trimmed. Now to sand. (Does this look right?)
  12. GroovyMusicMan

Worklog First potable

Trimming now!!
  13. GroovyMusicMan

Worklog First potable

Just re ran the installation of RVLoader enabling both vga and wifi patch. Thanks
  14. GroovyMusicMan

Worklog First potable

.....oh boy.....um no, it just turns on and boots into RVLoader. I haven't been unplugging and replugging it in. But....gee wiz man I should have waited.... Do the lines look right tho lol rip (plz say I don't have to put it back together....)
  15. GroovyMusicMan

Worklog First potable

when setting up I left vga enabled.
  16. GroovyMusicMan

Worklog First potable

dope. is there a size reccomendation? idk how big game files on average are, so I just got 128gb drive. also I'm about to start doing the wii trim today, so other than the usb drive switch I've got rvloader downloaded and working, and games running. the no wifi patch. is there anything I need...
  17. GroovyMusicMan

Question buying pcb's for the ashida

I have these added to the cart. I read the description under the pcb's to try and understand what each one does, but I feel like some of the pieces (ie the replacement heat monitor L chip) are redundant, and I don't really wanna waste money, so is this all I need to make the ashida work? (I have...
  18. GroovyMusicMan

Worklog First potable

I will eventually, I figure I can swap to a different drive once it's built (idk if that's not true, but it seems like it would be fine)
  19. GroovyMusicMan

Worklog First potable

darnnn....well I can run game cube games. I'm just going to go ahead with the trim, and worry about wii gamnes later. the build was meant for a gamecube game anyways. wii games will just be a bonus if I figure that out later
  20. GroovyMusicMan

Worklog First potable

I'm not using a modded iso for mario galaxy which is probably a problem. I just used clean rip to get it, so it's completely vanilla. i'll upload a picture of the usb I'm using It's identical to this. (I bought 2)