Search results

1. YveltalGriffin

Worklog Thundervolt

Last summer, @Wesk and I were theorycrafting a Wii reg board for undervolting that would solder directly to the motherboard. Such a board would remove all voltage droop from wires and might allow for more extreme undervolting, while also being more compact than any other voltage regulation...
  2. YveltalGriffin

PS Hanami

I built this Playstation 1 portable in one month for MGC 2023! I have no clue why it's taken me so long to make a Cutting Edge post for it. The build process (trimming, CAD work, assembly) is documented in my worklog. This is an old-school portable with lots of hot glue. I wanted crispy...
  3. YveltalGriffin

Release Fujiflex (GCVideo DVI flex PCB)

I recently released fujiflex, a GCVideo DVI flex PCB for 4-layer Wii motherboards. It is permissively licensed under the Solderpad Hardware License v2.1! GITHUB LINK Features: Compact 28 x 30mm 2-layer flex PCB (requires KiCAD 8.0 or later) ~$10 BOM cost Powered from 3.3V and 1.8V (1.2V...
  4. YveltalGriffin

Guide The Definitive Wii U Trimming Guide

Preface The Definitive Wii U Trimming Guide only supports WUP-50 Wii U motherboards. WUP-50 motherboards consume much less power than earlier revisions, making them usable for portables. An addendum for earlier motherboard revisions may be released in the future. Thanks to recent discoveries...
  5. YveltalGriffin

[FS] Squishy Tacts (SKEYAJA010) & Dual-Action Tacts (TMHF07)

I am selling light blue squishy tact switches (Alps SKEYAJA010) and dual-action tacts (Zhejiang Yibao TMHF07) at cost. No markups, no scalping, no BS! You pay the same wholesale price per switch as I did, plus shipping! :awesome: Alps SKEYAJA010 Price per switch $ 0.16 (16 cents/pc)...
  6. YveltalGriffin

[Group Buy] $25 3.5" 640*480 VGA/HDMI LCD

Hi all. @CrazyGadget mentioned to me that he and others in the community may be interested in a group buy for the popular 3.5" 640*480 LCDs with VGA/HDMI driver board. These are scalped sold on Aliexpress by Wisecoco as "JT035IPS02-V0" for around $65. A "Yqwsyxl" branded one is also available on...
  7. YveltalGriffin

Worklog PS Hanami Worklog

[This is a retroactive worklog for the PS1 portable I built for MGC 2023. I may have to double post a bit to document everything!] Last month, I was feeling burned out from working on so many complicated, difficult projects involving custom PCBs. What better way to get my groove back than some...
  8. YveltalGriffin

[FS] Shinobi Scaler

Hi all! I will be building a small run of fully assembled & tested Shinobi Scalers in April (after MGC). This thread is to gauge interest and determine how many PCBs I need to order. These boards will be built with 100% new parts and will come pre-programmed with the GBS Control firmware...
  9. YveltalGriffin

Yveltal's Aqua Retro Lite CM4

This is my Retro Lite CM4, designed by @Dmcke5 and @StonedEdge! It's a Switch Lite style handheld powered by the Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4. Many thanks to my friend StonedEdge for hooking me up with a kit last fall. It took me a little while to get around to assembling the unit, but I'm...
  10. YveltalGriffin

[Release] Shinobi Scaler

Shinobi Scaler is now open source on GitHub! This post is a mirror of the readme. Happy linedoubling! Shinobi Scaler Shinobi is a reimagined, miniaturized GBS8200 for portablizers. Like the original GBS8200, it can convert 240p and 480i RGBs to 480p/720p/960p/1080p VGA, making it perfect for...
  11. YveltalGriffin

Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] αSNES

αSNES (alphaSNES): A modern, zero-compromise, single-PCB Super Nintendo Entertainment System portable. Why? After getting I2S audio from the SNES in 2020, I thought it would be a shame to build a SNESp with digital audio, yet settle for composite video, a hand-wired cartridge slot, and all the...
  12. YveltalGriffin

Worklog Nintendo Vegas

After months and months of procrastination, I've finally begun assembling a prototype of my Wii motherboard redesign, which I'm calling Vegas. The name is an homage to Nintendo's naming scheme for the Wii's chipset (Broadway and Hollywood, both famous hubs of entertainment in the US). I designed...
  13. YveltalGriffin

BQ25790 Interposer Board

As everyone knows, the silicon shortage has made it hard to get many different ICs for our hobby. I'm especially sad about the BQ25792 being unavailable for all of 2022. It's one of TI's latest li-ion chargers and combines the best features of the BQ24292i and BQ25895. 24V input, 5A charging for...
  14. YveltalGriffin

UltraWii Sakura

This is a new revision of my UltraWii portable, named UltraWii Sakura! Huge thanks to @Aurelio for making this portable possible with his direct drive board. This portable would not exist without him. Here are the specs: -OMEGA-trimmed Wii motherboard -1S4P 3500mAh 18650s (~5.5hrs runtime)...
  15. YveltalGriffin

Board scan GBS8200 v4.0 Scans (Video Scaler/Linedoubler)

These are some quick and dirty 2400DPI scans of the cheap and widely available GBS8200 video converter board, which uses the TVIA Trueview5725. It's perfect for converting 240p RGBs from old consoles into 480p VGA. It can also do other things, like motion adaptive deinterlacing and downscaling...
  16. YveltalGriffin

Yveltal's G-Boy with Direct Drive

Over the past couple days, I assembled the G-Boy kit Gman sent me for the BB Secret Santa exchange! I used my prototype direct drive (courtesy of Aurelio) and an IPS 640x480 panel. Who needs the AVE, anyway? Assembly was super easy thanks to the clearly-labeled PCBs and the excellent manual...
  17. YveltalGriffin

AVEflex: Wii AVE Relocation FPC

AVEflex is my flexible printed circuit board (FPC) for relocating the Audio-Video Encoder (AVE) on 4-layer Wii motherboards. AVEflex is intended for OMEGA trims where analog video is needed and avoids the sacrificial daughterboard method currently used for AVE relocations. Supported motherboard...
  18. YveltalGriffin

Board scan SNES Jr. (SNN-CPU-01) Scans

The PCB Strip Club didn't have any SNES Jr. scans, so I sanded one and scanned at 2400DPI. These were made as a quick and dirty reference tool for a SNES project I'm working on, so no fancy layered files here, just the bare 150MP TIFs. :D Link to GDrive folder with scans. 20MB PNGs are...
  19. YveltalGriffin

Ghosts UltraWii Revitalized

Well, the time has come to post my 2018 summer contest entry worklog. This bad boy has been in the works for a while. Here's the long list of sexy features: - OMEGA-trimmed RVK mobo (maybe just "near-OMEGA," we'll see what the case wants) - Polycase SL-53 case, making this one of the smallest...
  20. YveltalGriffin

[WTB] Dreamcast Microphone

I need one for a project, and also to be able play Seaman with my homies. B| They're on Fleabay occasionally, but mostly in auctions or they're expensive. If anyone has one they're willing to part with, please contact me.