Recent content by THEBROSKI8

1. Black Screen

Sitting at 3.7 v currently. I charged it for a bit last night but I'll put it back on the charger now for a bit Edit: now up to 4.1v with the same issue. Further edit: this seems to be an issue with the display not the Wii. I reconnected component video to the TV and the Wii still boots...
  2. Black Screen

Ok guys I'm back with another question. Seems like it's always one step towards and two steps back. I resolved the previous controller issue by completely replacing the Wii. I had another one lying around and had swapped everything on the PCB so it had to be the Wii or the GC+. Well that did the...
  3. Controller Question

Ok, I shortened the data wire. I was testing today and noticed on the GC+ the data line voltage holds at 3.3v and I see no fluctuation when pressing inputs on the controls. Should I not be seeing a voltage fluctuation to the data line when inputs are being pressed?
  4. Controller Question

Ok, I am seeing continuity between the GC+ and the Wii. I will try to snap a picture later today when I have someone here to take the picture while use the multimeter. I'll start cleaning up some of that exposed wire in places. I don't think the controller is grounding out but better be safe...
  5. Controller Question

I'm using 30 AWG to power the board, so that should be fine I think. Is there a specific place on the GC+ board to test continuity or should I just test each terminal to see if there is a glaring issue with any of them.
  6. Controller Question

I have 3.3v wired to the PCB and I checked using a multimeter and I definitely have 3.3v running to the board
  7. Controller Question

Ok, makes sense. Does 3.3v need to be run to this terminal in a similar manner to running 3.3v for VGA switching meaning this 3.3v will come off of the Wii board?
  8. Controller Question

Hello all, I know I've asked about a million questions at this point but I do appreciate all the help it's helped me out a ton. Finally have picture and have the screen mounted. Just having controller issues now. Not sure what's going on here everything is hooked up but I'm just not seeing any...
  9. Wii Resistance Issue

Ok, I'll do some more sanding and I picked up some isopropyl alcohol today. Could that capacitor be the issue with the resistance. Issue. The capacitor is in tact but I can't tell if the vias is fine or not. Update: It actually worked. After more sanding than I ever want to do again it...
  10. Wii Resistance Issue

I had brought this up in my other thread however that thread was supposed to be a screen question and is veering away from being a screen question and into something else entirely. I thought it would be appropriate to make a new thread to address this new issue. When testing the Wii I found I...
  11. Finished GalaxyBoy rev3

Such a great paintjob. Love the Mario galaxy themed case. Glad your other Wii worked out
  12. 480 screen wiring diagram

That's great news. I would love it if this Wii still had some life left. I took out the sand paper and I'll hit it again and see if I can clean up the edges. I can't see any solder blobs but thought I'd put pictures here in case someone sees a problematic spot I'm missing Update: I did a lot of...
  13. 480 screen wiring diagram

Thanks for all the advice here. I followed this line of logic and went back to testing everything. Couldn't get composite so I pulled the board to re test resistance. Everything was perfect except the 3.3v terminal had 0 resistance. Either I tested wrong the first time or something has happened...
  14. 480 screen wiring diagram

Thanks for the response. I wired everything up according to what I have above and I'm still not seeing video. The Wii seems to be coming on as I can feel the CPU heating up. I just am not sure what's hooked up wrong. I included pics of everything and can include more if needed. I had gotten...
  15. 480 screen wiring diagram

Thanks for the response. That is incredibly helpful. I managed to get the screen to switch to VGA using the method you described above. Still working on wiring up the wii, so from my understanding above the R-,G-, and B- are all optional? If so what would be the purpose of them and use a braided...