Recent content by Kobym17

1. Question Ashida Wii Help

Hi All, Just wanted to let everyone know that attempt 2 was a success! Must have been my butchered data 1 pin on my first motherboard. Thanks again to all for your support! Special thanks to Ginger and Dubesinhower for the vods/how-to videos. I would have been lost without them. internals...
  2. Question Ashida Wii Help

Thanks Ginger, I’m still troubled by the fact that even with the wrong u10 via, I had controller functionality briefly — albeit very unstable
  3. Question Ashida Wii Help

Hi all, Final post on this thread for a bit. I believe that I was soldering my u10 via to the wrong via. I was still able to get the wii to boot without u10 at the correct spot for some reason. In the image of my board below, you can see I was soldering u10 to a GC data 2 via. I got this via...
  4. Question Ashida Wii Help

Update: I ended up scraping the data 1 trace a bit and was able to get continuity from RA1 to GCD on the GC+ pcb so I soldered my GC data wire directed to RA1 (picture attached). I get continuity/voltage to all GC+ pcb pins, but still no controller function (with the case open or closed). Any...
  5. Question Ashida Wii Help

Hi Starter, thanks for the reply. I would try that via if I hadn’t ripped up the trace. After further review, I believe I killed the data 1 pin of the RA1, as evident by no continuity between the RA1 pin and via. This component is a 750 ohm resistor array. Gman mentioned in a thread from 2021...
  6. Question Ashida Wii Help

Hi again all, Still struggling to get GC data from the Wii to the GC+. I think I may have messed my Wii motherboard up in the process (please see pics). I’ve ripped the data 1 trace up and am unable to get solder to stick well to the data 1 via (even after scraping the solder mask). I’ve...
  7. Question Ashida Wii Help

Understood. Thanks again, Stitches!
  8. Question Ashida Wii Help

Stitches, Thank you for the reply. I will clean off my boards thoroughly tomorrow. Out of curiosity, do you know if the other GC data vias (2,3,&4) on the Wii work for the GC+2.0 GC data line? I’m a little concerned about the lack of continuity between data via 1 and the data 1 pin on the...
  9. Question Ashida Wii Help

Ginger, Thank you for the reply! Your vods have been instrumental in me getting to this step. Appreciate all you do for the community. Will double check the GC data line tomorrow and let you know how I make out.
  10. Question Ashida Wii Help

Hi everyone! I’m new to the console portabilizing world but have been working on my first portable for about a month: an Ashida. I’ve managed to build a fully functional Ashida with one major issue: no button (or stick) inputs. I believe this has something to do with my gc2.0+ wiring, be that...
  11. BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hi everyone! New to the portabilizing community. Working on my first Ashida and have some questions to ask. Hoping to post them here shortly