Recent content by deesil

1. deesil

Question Getting started on an Ashida - Trim and Power

Worth a shot. Thank you.
  2. deesil

I follow. I'm saying what model did you print? Is it publicly available? The model I have mentions needing clips. I just don't know if they're the same ones.
  3. deesil

Any chance you have a link to the model? Or are these just completely standard and any old print should work with the clips? I thought about doing this. I ended up putting the whole digikey order together and it's about $37 shipped for everything. I could definitely drop that down to a round of...
  4. deesil

I think I bought all the stuff I need to get through the trim. Dremel, wire, solder, flux, etc..., pms-2, PMS-PD, 2x21700 cells, Right now my only real unknown is how I'm going to connect the 21700 to the pms-2. I 3d printed a holder for the battery but I have to figure out how to put clips on...
  5. deesil

I already bought the PMS-2. My budget is effectively unlimited as long as I wait for the money each month. So I guess maybe I'm rich? All kidding aside, I like the idea of fully accurate power gauges and my understanding is the 1.8v reg is more efficient on the PMS-2. I picked up appropriate...
  6. deesil

I'm getting started on an Ashida build. It's my first time portablizing but I've got some soldering experience and equipment. I've also got a $100/mo allowance, and $250 bankroll. I'm thinking I should buy a PMS-2 so that I can get the board tested after I cut it. This also would mean I...
  7. deesil

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

I found a C64 on Facebook marketplace and did some work restoring it. I built a Pi1541+Fastload cartridge. It was a really fun project. Go check that out. One of the coolest parts was building an eeprom programer with an Arduino and a breadboard and then writing software to send bits over the...
  8. deesil

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

I'm a complete noob so take what I'm saying with a thousand grains of salt, but... I think the issue is that RVLoader won't work from the Wii's SD Card slot. But if you take an SD card, mount it to a reader, and connect that reader to a USB port, it works fine. So it's not the SD card, it's the...