Recent content by BigBoss

1. BigBoss

GBoy black screen upon boot

Holy crap, I got some helping hands in the mail today and attempted to reconnect the wires one more time. To my surprise, it worked! I think I was putting the wire to a different area or wasn’t connecting it well enough. It booted just a couple minutes ago! Edit: The wire on the via popped off...
  2. BigBoss

I redid the connections after getting an 0 for continuity from the leg to the via. I tested it again after a lot of fumbling and flux and got a .1 ohm. The voltage is from the via to the ground is .4mV
  3. BigBoss

Thanks, I'll try that out today. Sorry, I'm still fairly new to this, but what areas would I need to place the multimeter to measure the voltage?
  4. BigBoss

Hey everyone, I’ve been working on my G-Boy and everything has been going pretty smoothly up until I hooked up the Wii. I went through all the steps: fans all good, usb works great, and power/charge is good to go. Upon hooking up my trimmed Wii, I was greeted by the backlight turning on and a...
  5. BigBoss

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hello everyone! I’m from California and I’ve been opening up some of my systems here and there for some simple cleaning. I recently repaired a broken speaker on a broken Gameboy Color, but I became so intrigued with the circuitry that I just wanted to learn more. I saw videos on the G Boy and...