Question Z Tactile Buttons

so after assembling the boards i noticed i mixed up the tactile switches from the screen controls and the Z buttons. ordering a new set of switches, does anyone have any advice for how to mount them ? i read through the forums and found a post where @Wesk said to bend the pins to make it fit, i tired that and not only was it not positioned correctly but one of the legs broke from trying to bend the correct angle. i’m also afraid i’ll need to order new ashida boards as i botched them up trying to remove the z butttons any advice? is the board usable ?
A2B33967-638A-49FB-9AAD-0EF334322A4E.jpeg

I think these ones came in the BOM, I soldered little legs on the sides for support. I just used the trimmings from the LED.

View attachment 27400View attachment 27401View attachment 27402
that looks perfect, i tried to bend the pins to orient it like that and it broke 3 of them so i decided to stop and see if there was a better solution, i found oem tac switches for the gamecube controller i just ordered them to replace the Z buttons, do you think the board is usable still? i’m worried i damaged it overheating trying to get them out

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
As long as you can get the solder out of the holes with a solder sucker or solder wick - and you don't pull the copper from the board - you should be fine.

As long as you can get the solder out of the holes with a solder sucker or solder wick - and you don't pull the copper from the board - you should be fine.
okay sounds good i’ll give it a go this weekend and see if i can’t get them cleared up

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
And if you do rip the copper out, you can always scratch off the solder mask and solder some magnet wire to the trace

And if you do rip the copper out, you can always scratch off the solder mask and solder some magnet wire to the trace
that’s a good idea i actually got out the multimeter and tested both boards the smaller left board is still good all traces had continuity to the pad/holes still, however the larger right board i will have to find a fix the trace is deff damaged around the pad from heat there’s no continuity at the end of trace at Z2