Worklog Yet, another portable Wii

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
Regarding the Wii menu, that's a known issue when running VGA. Some have remedied it by using an older version of RVLoader temporarily, but it doesn't work for every portable / screen. Best way to do it is to temporarily wire up composite to the screen and disconnect mode from 3v3 on the Wii.

From what I've heard, the PMS is not able to charge as fast as the batteries discharge, so charge and play will just lengthen the overall discharge time, but not let it actually charge.

Also, it's best to edit your last post, rather than double posting.

Shipyu

So a lot happened since my last post.
Since I needed to remove the current display to change it for a new one, I managed to get in the Wii menu to change the current time.
I've printed the top part once more to adjust some things like the display alignment with the top part.
Since I was lacking time to properly design the screw threads thourgh the bottom and top part, I'm keeping the 2 parts together with some transparent tape.

Everything is working and I can say I made my first portable Wii !
I really want to thank the awesome bitbuilt's community and specially Gunar who made me save a lot of money with my faulty 5V line on the PMS.

My build includes all the 4Layer PCBs (PMS Lite, PD 2, GC +2, Joystick breackout boards and RVL Amp)
ABXY, 2 joysticks, arrow buttons that are not connected to be able to presse multiple at the same time, start button, dual sensitivity R and L buttons and Z + Z2 button.
There is stereo sound with 2 front speakers which volume can be controlled by the + and - buttons. There is also 2 rumble motors that are perfeclty placed in the palm of the hand.
I included the Reset and Wiimote Sync buttons.
I spent a lot of time designing the shoulder button system so that we can press them either in the middle, right side or left side and it will still feel the same and will work.
For the batteries, I used 4 3600mAH Li-ion which should give me ~4 hours of play time.
Inside, there is a 128GB USB drive which is accessible through the PMS PD 2 USB C connection.

I'm really happy with how good the handling of the console is and that I managed to get it to be 3cm thick.
There is already a list of improvements I made so when I have more time during my next vacations, I'll be able to make a new version of it !
For now, I'm using it every day and it's so nice to be able to play Wii games everywhere I want :D

Some pics :
20220924_155521.jpg

20220924_155422.jpg

20220924_155432.jpg
20220924_155441.jpg
The should buttons system
1664028695941.png

Attachments

Shipyu

It's been a long time since I didn't updated this post but I'm facing some kind of issue with my portable :

I'm not using it much currently and I've figured out that the battery % is dropping way faster than I'd expected it would, without using it... It's losing around 6% per day.
Battery setup : 4x 18650 liion cells 3500mAh each in parallel with the PMS Lite.

Is such a fast % drop bad ? Can i fix it ?