Worklog Yet ANOTHER Ashida Worklog

I have recently started on my way to making my own Ashida after absolutely falling in love with the design and this wonderful forum about a month or so ago. I’m relatively new to all of these electronics and such, but I have a good basic understanding and I can solder quite proficiently.

I have ordered all my my odds and ends, but am currently waiting on the PMS-Lite and U-Amp 2 to restock before I can move forward completely. I have trimmed my Wii, more will come when I am home from vacation, very excited to have this project underway.

(Trim pictured below)
3E0094C5-D082-4342-8420-EC86AA850D1A.jpeg

Just got the wonderful email that a good portion of my parts have shipped (seen below)
FF6851D1-78B9-4A64-9A44-83EA35D0D523.jpeg

Guess I may as well tack this on here as a question. Would it be a good idea to wire up these parts while I wait for a PMS-Lite and U-Amp 2, or should I wait until I have those as well before I go about making any progress?

Me personally I'm waiting for the PMS-Lite to come back in stock before starting, because I want to make sure my trim even boots before going any further.

Me personally I'm waiting for the PMS-Lite to come back in stock before starting, because I want to make sure my trim even boots before going any further.
Yeah, that’s what I was thinking, I’ll probably just wait until the Lite is in stock.

Okay, parts came in today, as well as I ordered the brand new RVL-Amp! Currently testing out fitting of parts in the case and populating the PCBs. Quick question though, does this (circled red) part need to be removed in order for the controller PCB to fit into the case?
DB2A25EC-F7AC-44A7-9283-AE2B3B190C53.jpeg

Thanks for the help!