Xbox 1 or 360 controller guide/info?

Hi all,

I was hoping someone could point me to any threads with useful information on cutting up Xbox 1 or 360 controllers for use in a portable (praying such a thing exists) I'm in the concept stage of my first portable using the original LattePanda as a base for use with 16 and 32/64 bit console emulation. For this I need a decent controller to use that can be wired through USB my hope is that this will come in the form of an Xbox controller I just can't seem to find any info on this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

Last edited:

Heuic

Hi I was thinking of doing something slightly similar the only problem would be that the Xbox controller is too thin and narrow to fit a decent sized screen. I was planning on creating a 3d model based on the Xbox one controller but not exactly the same. Haven't gotten around to it though

Hi I was thinking of doing something slightly similar the only problem would be that the Xbox controller is too thin and narrow to fit a decent sized screen. I was planning on creating a 3d model based on the Xbox one controller but not exactly the same. Haven't gotten around to it though
Nice ! I am not planning on building in the controller case though, just need its guts for the controller. I will be designing a custom 3d printed case providing all goes well :D

EDIT: I saw a post on here one of the users has done a really nice 3d scan of an Xbox 1 controller you should look in to it that way you can cut it in half and add a middle portion for the screen and hardware Ill see if I can find the link

You could use the contacts on the pcb and solder them plus the joysticks to an Arduino or something to make a USB controller
yeah hopefully I can relocate the buttons I'm just really hoping the Xbox controller is cut friendly I know its a very complex multi board design if not the Arduino thing is also an option beauty of it is the LattePanda has a built in Arduino xD

hopefully can cut out the bulk of the PCB for space saving

Here's that link BTW
(1) Model - Xbox One Controller Scan (V.1 controller) | BitBuilt - Giving Life to Old Consoles