WTB Portable N64

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Well, you could message Gunnar himself to ask if he's taking comissions. If he isn't, you're kinda out of luck unless you fancy learning PCB and CAD design to make one yourself. Clamshells are a real pain in the butt to build, and only Gunnar and Stoned Edge really have the fucks to give making them nowdays.

Well, you could message Gunnar himself to ask if he's taking comissions. If he isn't, you're kinda out of luck unless you fancy learning PCB and CAD design to make one yourself. Clamshells are a real pain in the butt to build, and only Gunnar and Stoned Edge really have the fucks to give making them nowdays.
I did ask Gunnar and he said he wasn’t doing anything but the Ashida ATM.

there's one on the ebay website but for 3000$. Completly out of this world what the seller want. But take it to your watch list maybe he go down to a normal price.

there's one on the ebay website but for 3000$. Completly out of this world what the seller want. But take it to your watch list maybe he go down to a normal price.

I’ll keep an eye out. Yeah $3k is a bit steep.

I’m surprised there’s nothing on AliExpress yet.

it's to custom I think, because there is no kit or something else. I think that one from ebay is that one of the two that gman built.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I’ll keep an eye out. Yeah $3k is a bit steep.

I’m surprised there’s nothing on AliExpress yet.
N64 portablising is much more involved, what with having to relocate the cartridge slot even if you aren't trimming the motherboard. Most of the chinese PS2 and Wii portables use the whole Wii/PS2 motherboard just dropped into a case and wired to the essential peripherals. N64s are to uncommon and too much work to mass produce portables of.

I'm happy that I actually live in germany. There is one guy that build the N64Boy Advance for around 500$(490€) but only in germany. I actually wait for my unit that are in progress. It's a newer version of the first one that Jonathan Wild built 2011/12.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I'm happy that I actually live in germany. There is one guy that build the N64Boy Advance for around 500$(490€) but only in germany. I actually wait for my unit that are in progress. It's a newer version of the first one that Jonathan Wild built 2011/12.

Oh boy does that old thing bring back memories................

that's the one I will get very soon (not exactly this one but the same build again,in progress soon)
Screenshot_20230131-110304666_1.jpg

Attachments

this unit got some improvements:
-2 Controller ports to play with 2 Original Controllers if you want to play mutliplayer
-one button, to choose between on screen or external AV
-D Pad (psp thumbstick) because of the little space
-choose between battery/external voltage imput/Charging

Last edited: