Question Would someone mind looking over my parts list?

I'm trying to figure out everything I need to portablize I wii. Could someone look to see if I missed anything crucial? I'm sure I did. I'm new to this.
This list only includes components for the Wii itself. Any tools were left off (dremel, soldering iron cause mine broke, mulitmeter, etc.)

Last edited:
Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
You might want to make your parts list public if you want people to look at them btw

Why are you getting a USB drive and an SD card?

From what I've seen people are using a kingston usb adaptor which hold SD cards.
Apparently PortablizeMii has issues with some USB's so what I just said is a solution to that

Some other things I can think of off the top of my head are a heatsink, fan, soldering tools, heat station, flux, copper sheet/plate (forgot the exact name) and M2 screws..

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Probably getting a SD card to install PM :P

If you are planning on using USB-C (you mentioned a USB-C cable) you can get the board from the shop which would remove the need for a barrel jack (unless you meant headphone jack)

Looks pretty solid tho

Probably getting a SD card to install PM :P

If you are planning on using USB-C (you mentioned a USB-C cable) you can get the board from the shop which would remove the need for a barrel jack (unless you meant headphone jack)

Looks pretty solid tho
Why are you getting a USB drive and an SD card?

From what I've seen people are using a kingston usb adaptor which hold SD cards.
Apparently PortablizeMii has issues with some USB's so what I just said is a solution to that

Some other things I can think of off the top of my head are a heatsink, fan, soldering tools, heat station, flux, copper sheet/plate (forgot the exact name) and M2 screws..
Y'all had similar questions about usbs and barrel stuff. I was actually in the middle of editing it after talking to some guys on discord. I was initially gonna go with USB c, but it is a lot cheaper just to use a DC barrel jack
The drive is for booting portablize me but apparently you're supposed to use SD cards I guess. Thanks for the tip

Last edited:
For the video output a good option is to run a video amp (for which ever output you choose). If you're wiring your Wii with AV but simply need HDMI for compatibility then you can run the video amp to a AV to HDMI converter, but this takes up power, space and money so be sure to wire the converter to a switch.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
The Wiipms on bitbuilt comes with an RGB led.

Y'all had similar questions about usbs and barrel stuff. I was actually in the middle of editing it after talking to some guys on discord. I was initially gonna go with USB c, but it is a lot cheaper just to use a DC barrel jack
The drive is for booting portablize me but apparently you're supposed to use SD cards I guess. Thanks for the tip
Alright cool I was going to use a barrel jack as well, but from what I've learned a USB-C PD is a lot easier for your first portable and is more efficient it also comes with an internal USB drive. But it is your portable so you can do whatever way you want. Also I know I said SD card but I meant to say "Micro SD card" so yeah I would recommend a sandisk or a samsung micro sd card which you could put into a kingston USB micro sd card adaptor. A lot of people usually get the 128gb micro sd for the many games you can put on it. I believe they can go from $17-$20 depending where you look.

I’m looking for video amps, but all I can find are these big boxes you plug stuff into. I’m also pretty new at this, and I’m really close to completing the parts list for my portable, which I’m thinking about calling the Shrink Mii. Any help finding a video amp ic or board or whatever, or even just some guidance on how to find what I need, would be really helpful.

I’m looking for video amps, but all I can find are these big boxes you plug stuff into. I’m also pretty new at this, and I’m really close to completing the parts list for my portable, which I’m thinking about calling the Shrink Mii. Any help finding a video amp ic or board or whatever, or even just some guidance on how to find what I need, would be really helpful.
I had the same predicament as you not to long ago, first things first create your own thread then ask this.