Would it still be considered a portable wii if it were just a whole wii motherboard?

Portables
No portables (Yet)
is it still considered a portable if I kept the whole motherboard intact? yeah, it would be massive, but it wouldn’t required to relocate a whole lot (maybe nothing) and would it technically be easier to build. I guess its no different than just bringing a wii, a screen and a portable power bank everywhere, but still

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
I mean, some of the Aliexpress portables hardly trim the mobo (iirc some don't at all), so it's doable.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
My first Gamecube portable attempts used untrimmed mobos in a polycarb box, so I don't see why an untrimmed wii should be any different

Hello, friend. The wii handset can be manufactured without trimming the pcb. The minimum starting voltage of the wii is about 10v,
Usually you can use three 18650 batteries as the energy source, but the original power supply system consumes a lot of power and is difficult to maintain a long times.

you don’t even need to open the Wii unless you need to solder something like an extender power button or installing a modchip, If you are making something like a suitcase Wii or something