1. We've officially relaunched the store! Check it out by clicking "Store" at the top of the page!
    Dismiss Notice

Worklog World's Smallest Gamecube

Discussion in 'Wii' started by Madmorda, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Nold ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Staff Member . .

Portables:
    I don't see why it shouldn't work. It's using the same DAC-Chip & i even used the pinout of the 6-layer wii a lot when doing this mod (https://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1086 - thanks ashen)

I didn't use a 6 layer wii ave because the pinout of the vias is a little different , so it's easier to mix pins up while soldering (and I'm just lazy). (See Analyzing the Wii's Video Encoder - thanks shank)
    Plus i hate those... i tried to OMGWTF trim two of them & couldn't make one work... <.<''

DeoNaught likes this.
  2. cheese the tallest memer in town Staff Member . . .

All Aves have the same pinout, so it wouldn't matter much if you use a 4 or 6 layer one

3. Madmorda Painting Queen Staff Member . . .

Portables:
    It's good to know that they're the same. When I opened the 6 layer up, the AVE chip had totally different writing on it from the 4 layer one, plus the different board layout so I didn't want to risk it :)

4. nitroboy720 .

Can I ask why you use epoxy instead of hot glue? Is it considered more durable? And what kind of epoxy

5. Madmorda Painting Queen Staff Member . . .

Portables:
    Everybody has their own preference :) hot glue is a lot easier to remove, but it also has some give, meaning the wires can move a little bit. Epoxy is never gonna come off without ripping the wires out, but it prevents the wires from moving entirely.

I personally prefer epoxy because I'm confident in my soldering joints and tested it beforehand so I know the pinout is correct. Everyone has their own style though :)

nitroboy720 likes this.