Worklog World's Smallest Gamecube

Discussion in 'Wii' started by Madmorda, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Nold .

Portables:
    I don't see why it shouldn't work. It's using the same DAC-Chip & i even used the pinout of the 6-layer wii a lot when doing this mod (https://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1086 - thanks ashen)

I didn't use a 6 layer wii ave because the pinout of the vias is a little different , so it's easier to mix pins up while soldering (and I'm just lazy). (See Analyzing the Wii's Video Encoder - thanks shank)
    Plus i hate those... i tried to OMGWTF trim two of them & couldn't make one work... <.<''

DeoNaught likes this.
  2. cheese the tallest memer in town Staff Member . . .

All Aves have the same pinout, so it wouldn't matter much if you use a 4 or 6 layer one

3. Madmorda Painting Queen Staff Member . . .

Portables:
    It's good to know that they're the same. When I opened the 6 layer up, the AVE chip had totally different writing on it from the 4 layer one, plus the different board layout so I didn't want to risk it :)

4. Allopogo .

Can I ask why you use epoxy instead of hot glue? Is it considered more durable? And what kind of epoxy

5. Madmorda Painting Queen Staff Member . . .

Portables:
    Everybody has their own preference :) hot glue is a lot easier to remove, but it also has some give, meaning the wires can move a little bit. Epoxy is never gonna come off without ripping the wires out, but it prevents the wires from moving entirely.

I personally prefer epoxy because I'm confident in my soldering joints and tested it beforehand so I know the pinout is correct. Everyone has their own style though :)

Allopogo likes this.