Worklog [̶2̶0̶2̶1̶ ̶C̶o̶n̶t̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶E̶n̶t̶r̶y̶]̶ Worklog: The KiWii Portable

Portables
KiWii Portable (In progress)
RegDogg's
KiWii Portable
This is my second Wii portable I've made this year, known as "The KiWii Portable". It has been a WIP since March 15th, and I've gone on and off, doing research and finding components that seemed reasonable for this portable. I plan to have it "hopefully" completed by August 1st.

What should I base the project about?
Kiwi (Fruit)
or
Kiwi (Bird)
I honestly don't know lol.

Parts:
RVL-PMS 2

PMS-PD 2
U-AMP 2
GC + 2.0 rev. 2
(All provided by 4Layer Technology: https://4layertech.com/)
Nintendo Switch Joycon Sticks
Custom breakout boards for Analog Sticks
OMGWTF Wii Trim
VGA 5" AT050TN22 640x480 LCD Screen (https://www.ebay.com/itm/184512562080)

The Plan:
1. Design a 3D Printed Case out of all the parts for acurate measurement.
2. Decide for buttons to use DS Lite, or Wii U Gamepad Buttons and Ribbon Cable.
3. Choose a base of the project (Bird or Fruit? Give me your opinion.)

Hope to see this as a success in my eyes! More updates soon to come!

MRKane

2021 3rd Place Winner
Front of the portable looking pretty good, onto the backplate

I may actually switch to using a 6.2" LCD
I think you'll thank yourself for the extra screen size - I know I always have with the ones I've made, and 5" is about the bottom of what I now find acceptable, with 6"+ starting to enter into the "comfortable" territory, and 8", well that's just luxury!

Portables
452832FD-CAA2-4645-AC39-12A09135B52E.jpeg

331FD11C-1F61-48F6-9AD8-73F131E6E4D6.jpeg

Guess I’m using Gamepad Joysticks also. This portable is basically a Wii U Gamepad Portable lol. Anyways, I got my new solder station and all the measurements are coming together. With a twist of scenery ;)

Portables
My 5” Screen arrived which I’m switching back to using because the 6.2 inch lcd won’t fit on my 3D printer bed, so I switched to a smaller design, hoping for the best.

More updates soon to come!

ScrambledFrequency

Custom title wanter
Portables
I was actually thinking about naming a future portable the KiiWii! Oh well...
I hope your's turns out well!

Portables
Wow has it been a long time since I updated here, sadl to see the contest entries ended, but that does not mean the end of this project! I ordered the green filament, and a couple other pieces. The case design is coming together, and I hope to finish before the end of the year xD. More updates soon!

Portables
C3DAB5DC-9B30-4103-9787-039190910878.jpeg

Got Al the mounting points for the 4 Layer Tech boards, along with heat dissipation system and Wii board mounting points. Currently waiting on my dual action tactile buttons for the shoulder buttons, but I think I may be close to finishing. More updates soon!

Portables
image.jpg
image.jpg

How does the green look for the KiWi fruit? I’m planning on painting some seeds on the back of the case for a better fruit vibe.

Edit: My dual action tactile buttons showed up in my mail today! Time to get those shoulder buttons up and running :D
I also killed my RVL-PMS and ordered a new chip, if I fuck it up, I guess I'll buy another ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Portables
Welp I messed up the repair on my RVL PMS 2, so I ordered a new one :( Hopefully I will be more careful now that I know more about what I'm doing this time with my 4LayerTech boards.