[Worklog] Super Pitendo

The Next Guy

Sun Dried Cases
Portables
Melted in the Sun
This project is self-explanatory. I'm taking a Raspberry Pi 2, chucking it into a case with a screen and batteries. I'll chop up a broken Super Nintendo controller and embed in into the case. The screen of my choice is a generic 5" widescreen TFT display. I don't really have a plan with batteries because I lack capital however, I have the rest of the parts ready to go. Here is a shotty Image for you to look at:
The date is messed up because I didn't reset the clock on my camera XD

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
Nice! Love to see more Pi projects. @fibbef and I are making Pi Portables for the Summer Contest so hopefully you'll enter this as well for some head to head com(pi)tition.

The Next Guy

Sun Dried Cases
Portables
Melted in the Sun
com(pi)tition
Tell me more please!!! or atleast refer me to somewhere I can find out more...

Also, do you guys have any tips of advice to properly mount tact switches to the buttons? I've had many problems in the past.

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
Tell me more please!!! or atleast refer me to somewhere I can find out more...

Also, do you guys have any tips of advice to properly mount tact switches to the buttons? I've had many problems in the past.
Something like this?http://www.ebay.com/itm/172385773791
Probably not the cheapest of them, but there are lots of circuit boards for mounting in piboy projects. I just chose this one because they were separate boards so you can put them where you want.

The Next Guy

Sun Dried Cases
Portables
Melted in the Sun
I really meant mounting something like those to the case itself. And those look extra expensive... I figured I'll just use the back of the old controller case to force some perf board to the buttons.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
You can always put a dab of superglue/hotglue on the back of the buttons to hold them to the perfboard. It also makes wiring easier since it will hold the button in place on the board. Also, if you are going to use perfboard, it might be a good idea to try and put screw posts on your case so you can screw the perfboard in place, providing structure and ease of access if need be in the future. You can probably grab some out of the broken super nintendo controller shell and just glue em in place.

The Next Guy

Sun Dried Cases
Portables
Melted in the Sun
I kept the screw posts from the controller when I was shaping the hole. I took the back of the shell and screwed the back into it. I'll be sanding today as well as adding supports for the back of the case (A DVD case XD)

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
Did you cut the triforce yourself? It looks so....... perfect.

The Next Guy

Sun Dried Cases
Portables
Melted in the Sun
I wish I cut it by hand... Nah the case was basically 3D printed. It started out as a different project and had the same screen so I "repurposed" the case for my Pitendo