wiring video? *resolved*

Hey all, I've been having some trouble wiring up my video to my g-boy. The guide's picture had the yellow line directed at the microscopic point near c52, but the wire in the picture looks to be attached to R44? Or is the solder mask scratched? I tried soldering to the point near c52, but the wire wont stay, it just breaks off whenever i put the slightest pressure on it. Am I just missing something in the guide? Or did I just make a stupid? Any help's appreciated

Attachments

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
You could either wire it to that test point, or to the leg of the resistor that connects to the AVE; either one works, as they're on the same trace. As for soldering, it really just takes good flux, good solder, good heat and a good hand.

Attachments

I may have accidentally melted off/lost the AVE. Is this a necessary component I need to replace? Is there a "spare" I could use from the unused trimmed motherboard?

CrazyGadget

Portables
???
It is a necessary component (unless you are using digital audio and direct drive iirc). If you have a hot air station, I guess you could pull the living one from the other mobo and swap it onto this one. Do you have any pics?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Oh, you meant you broke the test pad. You can follow the trace from the pad to the leg on the AVE and grab composite video from there still

This point here, right? even though the component attached to it is gone? Just want to do it right the second time XP
IMG-1382.jpg

CrazyGadget

Portables
???
That looks like it's fixable if you can replace the resistor that was there, clean the whole thing up with some IPA and try again.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
The resistor isn't actually needed, it's just a nice to have