Question Wiring Psone LCD to N64 (RGB vs. Composite) DIAGRAM

I am working on a Nintendo 64 Portable and need a bit of advice.. I am drawing a complete wiring diagram to understand the process of wiring, but am having trouble finding a diagram online that shows how to properly connect the PSone LCD screen to the N64 using RGB instead of Composite. Does anyone know of a good reference to utilize RGB on a N64P using the PSone LCD OR be willing to fill in what I'm missing in my diagram for wiring the video? The items highlighted in yellow and orange at the top are all of the connections needed from the LCD screen. Any help is MUCH appreciated, and if anything else seems to be incorrectly drawn please let me know! :)

Here is what I have so far.

IMG_0786.jpg

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Quick question. Do you have a PS1 screen already? If you don't, please done kill a relic like this for your project. Look up TFT monitors instead. They are higher quality, far cheaper, take up less space, don't need to be modded, and aren't collectors items. You won't be able to use RGB though, and you will need to make your own sound system.

Even if you do already have a screen, you may be better off buying a TFT anyways. They generally cost between $20 and $30, depending on the size you want. Those are some really nice diagrams though!

Hope this helps.

GC64

Portables
What Ginger said, though if you already have the screen and REALLY want to do an RGB mod you can, but you have to have the right model n64 board and would need some resistors, ceramic capacitors, and a 3 channel amp chip. Info here: http://forums.modretro.com/index.php?threads/ntsc-n64-rgb-mod-with-amplifier.11144/
Even if you put in all the effort, RGB isn't really worth it since it's not a huge upgrade from n64's composite.

Ginger, I actually have two PSone Screens that I was able to obtain a while back. Unfortunately, I have already built the screen into the housing unit for my portable, or else I would consider the TFT option.. I really like the built-in features of the PS1 screen such as the brightness/contrast and speakers, so if I must use Composite I will! You guys have already helped clear up most of my confusion, thank you!

So I decided to use Composite for the wiring in my diagram. I plan on using the headphone jack that is included with the PSone screen since it also has a separate jack that can be used for composite out, but is anyone familiar with the wiring scheme? At the top of the page there are three connections on the PSone screen for the headphone jack, one being Left Audio, one Right Audio, and Headphone Switch.

My question, where do I wire "headphone switch" to?? The bottom of the page shows the connections of the jack I will be using. Most pictures I have found shows pins 5, 6, and 7 soldered together, but that renders the headphone jack in-operable..

IMG_0800.jpg