Worklog WiiPlay!™

I've always found the PSP a very comfortable size and format, so this portable will be roughly of the same size, just a little thicker. Originally, I modeled the design identical to the PSP faceplate, but found it a little difficult to fit all the parts, so now the design is more of a mini Switch Lite.

The goal is to use no glue whatsoever, with everything mechanically secure and modular with screws.

Final Dimensions: 160mmx74mmx32mm

List of Features:

- 7.4v 3.5A Samsung 18650 batteries (might make them removable)
- JacksonS audio amp
- Red board for charge and play
- Custom reg board
- Custom controller board(s) using GC+ hardware
- 3D printed case and shoulder buttons
- 4.3" IPS 800x480 LCD using Aurelio's VGA patch
- LED battery life indicator/low battery circuit
- DS Lite buttons and membranes
- Switch sticks

Those are all the feature I can think of at the moment.

I'm not done with the design yet, however the top portion of the case is about 85% done.

It's a slow start and I plan on taking my time with this project to get it done right. So updates may be a little on the slow side. Thanks for looking!

Been a while but been hard at work. This is one tedious hobby which I'm sure you guys know haha. Bottom half of the case is about 99% done. Still working on the top half of the case. A few things have changed:

1) Will be using Gman's Wii PMS instead of the red board now
2) Chose to use two Sanyo 20700 4250mah batteries instead of 3500mah 18650s
3) Switched from DS Lite buttons to 2DS buttons
4) Dimensions have increased except is slightly thinner now (166.5mm x 76mm x30mm)
5) Added a silent tiny 2nd fan to extract additional heat and just for piece of mind

Here is the bottom half:

Just did a quick lil test print and everything is fitting nicely.

Here is my dual click trigger system. I barely have any space to work with, but this works well in the small space I have. I used a DS Lite trigger tact for the soft click, and a Wii Eject button tact for the hard click. This works well because both of the tacts are the exacts same size and the DS Lite tact is a soft click and has a rubber actuator material where as the Wii tact requires more resistance to press and has a hard plastic actuator material.

Here's a quick vid of the trigger system:

https://vimeo.com/user104382285/review/368930091/e8e759527e

Shank

Staff member
Portables
5) Added a silent tiny 2nd fan to extract additional heat and just for piece of mind
Not really needed, but more cooling can't hurt. Note that for every air exhaust, you need an air intake, or your air won't move much.

Not really needed, but more cooling can't hurt. Note that for every air exhaust, you need an air intake, or your air won't move much.
Ah, of course, good point. Slipped my mind...just like finding a place for a usb port too...
Thank you Shank!