Worklog Wiimote emulation through GC controller

BocuD

Portables
well, this is a bit chicken and egg isn't it! On one hand, I feel a bit odd blindly supporting someone on Patreon without any idea of where things are at, but on the other hand, I really appreciate the work that's being put into something that will really improve how useful my Wii is. That being said, before I sign up, can you at least give us a clue as to the current status?
I’m supporting him on patreon. The current status of what you get when you do support him is a nearly fully fuctional beta version. Its nearly fully functional because in that version at least, the classic controller isnt emulated, and a few games (sadly including xenoblade) aren’t supported yet. If you want to use this for new super mario bros, mario galaxy, those games though, it works great.

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
At this point I'm I'm pretty sure I've used the hack more than anyone, and I'm going to have to disagree with BocuD on this one.

Half the games I try do not work at all. Some games corrupt all save data on the Wii. NSMBW will work for a little while, but often stops working randomly.

The hack is very much still in a beta. The only game that works consistently for me is the first Super Mario Galaxy. Supporting Aurelio through his Patreon is worth it because you're supporting Aurelio, just don't expect the hack to be anywhere near stable because at this point it's just not.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
As Ginger said, the hack is still unstable. Also the patreon is not meant as a way to pay for this hack, but to support the development of my projects, not just this one

@Aurelio Congratulations on your great project, I tested your 2 betas that you put here in the forum, but in none of them I succeeded, I followed the step by step right, in the second do not apace the game of new mario bross even though it is in the wbfs folder. And in the first set up and installed IOS 249 by 236 all right and set the right prilloader, the remote no longer works, but the game cube control does not work in the wii menu.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I know, I know, it's been more than a year since the last update on this, but I have big news. Thanks to the work I have been doing on Hiidra I was able to basically rebase the whole code and after fixing some shit I have done in the code, I finally got a build that seems to be working with all the games I have tested, except Metroid Prime Trilogy which stops handling any input after one of the three games is selected (I will investigate more into this).
Right now some of my patrons are testing the new hack, but I promise you won't wait long this time. If everything goes well I will release a public beta by this weekend.

Last edited:
I know, I know, it's been more than a year since the last update on this, but I have big news. Thanks to the work I have been doing on Hiidra I was able to basically rebase the whole code and after fixing some shit I have done in the code, I finally got a build that seems to be working with all the games I have tested, except Metroid Prime Trilogy which stops handling any input after one of the three games is selected (I will investigate more into this).
Right now some of my patrons are testing the new hack, but I promise you won't wait long this time. If everything goes well I will release a public beta by this weekend.
Thank you my dear, I'm waiting to perform the tests.B|