Worklog Wiikipad Switch: Wii/Raspberry Pi Zero W (2-in-1 Portable)

nobble

Nobble is building a hybrid portable. Mainly Wii based, but with a berry good twist

CURRENT STATUS
  • waiting on the OMGWTF Trim from SS *SHIPPING! SHIPPED!
  • waiting for my L7009 7.0" TFT LCD to arrive! SHIPPED!
  • need to find suitable batteries for cheap and will last long. PANASONIC 18650s IN HAND!
  • buy gamepad parts to wire up GC+ DONE!
  • waiting for my WiiAmp from Aurelio SHIPPED
  • waiting to figure out what case I will be using. WIKIPAD CONTROLLER FRANKENCASING IN-PROGRESS!!!

• Mainly just trying to gather my thoughts. I will unveil more details soon. :mrgreen:

Last edited:

nobble

Check out my Google Drive Folder with all sorts of RAW & UNEDITED PICS! Up close POV shots for your enjoyment. :XD:

**LET'S NOT FORGET THAT GAMEVICE (Wikipad Co.) IS SUING NINTENDO OVER THE SWITCH!**

Initial Announcement Video:

Unveiling Wiikipad Switch (WIP):

Frankencasing Process (PART 1)

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Nobble is building a hybrid portable. Mainly Wii based, but with a twist.

CURRENT STATUS
  • waiting on the OMGWTF Trim from SS
  • waiting to finish moving to my new house
  • waiting to hear back from a LCD company (trying to get a deal on this LCD
  • waiting to figure out what case I will be using.
  • waiting...
Mainly just trying to gather my thoughts. I will unveil more details soon. :mrgreen:
If you're going to use a 7 inch screen, why not use a L7009 screen? It has native component in and it's about the same price.

nobble

If you're going to use a 7 inch screen, why not use a L7009 screen? It has native component in and it's about the same price.
Yeah, I already got a confirmation from that LCD seller, not going to use it. I'm trying to be able to switch from component to HDMI because I need 2 AV lines. I'll probably buy the L7009 if it can do such a thing.

Edit: anyone have a good link to buy one?

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I got mine from here. As for multiple inputs, you could use a 3PDT switch to change between two sets of video inputs. It doesn't take composite video though, only RF, VGA and component.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I got mine from here. As for multiple inputs, you could use a 3PDT switch to change between two sets of video inputs. It doesn't take composite video though, only RF, VGA and component.
lol what? That doesn't take RF, it can handle composite just fine

nobble

I am also looking for a Wii u gamepad case to build this in, or anyone willing to print me a kickarse case!

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
They used to sell them on ebay, here's one I bought

I would link it but the seller isn't on ebay anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You may also be able to get an as is gamepad for a steal, but that isn't for sure :P

nobble

Cool thanks! I will have to keep that in mind. I am not too hurt by the price, but I'm still waiting for the board and don't want to rush to buy a case yet, without getting more of an idea beforehand.

But I'm patient, maybe too much...lol.

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Are you still planning on using a Wii U Gamepad case? If so, you may need to rethink that or the screen. The issue is that the Gamepad uses a 6.2 inch screen, and that the buttons are pretty close to that edge. You'd probably have enough room, but your buttons would be right up against the edge of your screen.

Looking forward to how this turns out!

nobble

Hey thanks! That's good to know. I haven't actually gotten my hands on a case yet, but if the screen is going to be too tight of a squeeze them I'll have to think of something else. I was thinking about using a GC ASCII controller if the Wii U pad didn't work. But I would really love a 3D printed case for a slim design. Might have to just go the ASCII route and frankencase it.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables