Solved WiiFlow on PortablizeMii?

Mumble

Portables
Hi,

I'm having a small itty bitty problem. So I found out about PortablizeMii recently, and decided to use a 64gb USB stick for storage. Unfortunately, apps like Nintendont, or PortablizeMii will not detect games on a NTFS format, and PortablizeMii wont launch on exFat.

I used my 16gb USB stick, and it formatted to fat32. The 64gb cannot be formatted to fat32 (because it's 64gb lol), so I'm a bit confused on how you can get this to work.

I've previously had WiiFlow and USB Loader GX on the Homebrew Channel and it ran games off my USB stick just fine (I used my second stick for Gamecube games). I know I can install homebrew apps on Portablize Mii, but will it run without the disk drive and SD card slot?

If I'm going into too much detail just call me out on it please, but I hope what I'm saying makes sense.

Noah

retired
Portables
Wiiflow is utter garbage. It's kind of like putting a bow on a pile of shit. It might appear nice, but it's still a pile of shit.

You can format a 64GB stick of F32 no problem, just use this:
http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

IIRC WiiFlow won't even run without the disc drive (IDK if it works in portablizemii) but it doesn't natively load GC games and would require nintendont anyways.

Mumble

Portables
Wiiflow is utter garbage. It's kind of like putting a bow on a pile of shit. It might appear nice, but it's still a pile of shit.

You can format a 64GB stick of F32 no problem, just use this:
http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

IIRC WiiFlow won't even run without the disc drive (IDK if it works in portablizemii) but it doesn't natively load GC games and would require nintendont anyways.
I attempted to format in fat32 like that, and I even used that application.
However, a 8gb game like brawl will not fit on, windows says that the drive doesn't have enough space...
Any comment, or should I just ditch brawl for now?

Mumble

Portables
First I tried a format of 4 K, and then another one with 64 K.

Mumble

Portables
Thanks, I'll give this a shot and letcha know what happens.

Mumble

Portables
Alright the split thing is working. Should I expect a delay between loading? Also, is there a better way to organize the .wbfs files by putting them in their own seperate folders (I'm picky about organizing stuff like this)?

Ex:
F:/wbfs/brawl - contains both parts of Brawl,
or
F:/wbfs/soniccolors - contains both parts of Sonic Colors.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/setting-up-wii-and-gamecube-games.391/

Wii homebrew lacks standards, and different loaders responded differently to different filename structures, some worked on one, didn't work on another, etc. When we decided on postLoader we also decided on file structures so that everything worked properly. It may work, it may not, and we currently only support the one listed in the thread. Try it, if it doesn't work, the code doesn't support it.

Mumble

Portables
Alright will do. Well that solves all my problems! Thanks guys, this was a perfect welcome to the forum!

Last edited: