Worklog Wiiclpise

My first Wii Portable of my design. Like the ashida, it is designed around 4layer tech boards. I'm calling it the Wiiclipse because I want it to be all black, like an eclipse (and puns are fun). My goal for this design was to make something minimal yet classy. I even made my own logo:

Wiiclipse-modified.png

I've been working on this for the past ~3 months. I spent so much time writing about it on my blog that I didn't have energy to fully document it here, so here are some sexy images of what I have so far. I have some juicy cad, test photos of it, and even a crude animation. If you guys have any questions just let me know.

blacked out.PNGI am running out of ideas.PNG

It isn't done yet, there is still a lot to go like adding audio, using vga video, and more, but I can still show it off a bit right now.

20220331_235606.jpg20220330_093705.jpg

Maybe I should embrace the all blacked out aesthetic and make it so the video output is all black too :rothink:

Assembly Animation

Beta Release Cad Files

Demo of it Running

20220331_235134.jpg

Last edited:

Viilmo

Portables
My first Wii Portable of my design. Like the ashida is us designed around 4layer tech boards. I'm calling it the Wiiclipse because I want it to be all black, like an eclipse (and puns are fun).My goal for this design was to make something minimal yet classy.

View attachment 21856

I've been working on this for the past ~3 months. I spent so much time writing about it on my blog that I didn't have energy to fully document it here, so here are some sexy images of what I have so far. I have some juicy cad, test photos of it, and even a crude animation. If you guys have any questions just let me know.

View attachment 21854View attachment 21855

It isn't done yet, there is still a lot to go like adding audio, using vga video, and more, but I can still show it off a bit right now.

View attachment 21857View attachment 21858

Maybe I should embrace the all blacked out aesthetic and make it so the video output is all black too :rothink:

Assembly Animation

Beta Release Cad Files

Demo of it Running

Damn the demo of it running is pretty good. How did you make it look so good in the demo?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Nice demo. This reminds me a bit of ye olde laser cut SL-57 portables. I like