Solved Wii U Gamepad Buttons in Wii Portable

In my first Wii portable project, I am using a modified wii u gamepad case with the wii u gamepad buttons. Does anybody know the pinouts for the different buttons and the joysticks? I am just a bit confused because there are five wires coming out of the joysticks and many small wires going around the buttons to keep track. If anybody could help me with this button problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Can you post a picture of the boards?

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
I have one of those as well, the FFCs are a little hard to solder to, but basically there is a common ground and then a wire for each button. AFAIK the top pin is common and then all the other pins are random buttons.

JacksonS

Portables
I don't have any pinouts, but there are 5 wires for each joystick because one of the wires in the button. The other 4 are voltage, GND, X, and Y.

I am using the GC+ Replacement Controller Board. How would I connect the voltage and ground of the joystick to this board? Can the board provide the voltage necessary, or do I need to connect it to the battery? I am not using the rumble, so the 5v and GND are open on the board. Also, do I need to connect the common ground of all the buttons to anything?

Also a question for Jackson S. Do you happen to know the order of voltage, GND, X, Y, and button for the joystick?

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Also a question for Jackson S. Do you happen to know the order of voltage, GND, X, Y, and button for the joystick?
That was what I posted.

I am using the GC+ Replacement Controller Board. How would I connect the voltage and ground of the joystick to this board? Can the board provide the voltage necessary, or do I need to connect it to the battery?
Connect them to the custom regulators, or the power for the gc port, whichever you are using to power the gc+.

Also, do I need to connect the common ground of all the buttons to anything?
Connect it to the ground of your wii/gamecube