Solved Wii Trimming

Sorry if this question has already been asked or answered, but what boards are the best for trimming? I've heard CPU-40 and up, but can you give me a full list of which ones or okay to trim and which ones are not? Thanks.

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
@Wadebrody - here is everything you need to know: Shank's Super Thread. You should also check out the definitive wii trimming guide in the guide section. All of the pro's have spent countless hours working on these guides so please search them diligently. We are really happy to help out but we would ask that you do your research before asking questions that have likely been asked before.

Portables
3/4
I was trying to reply but for the life of me can't figure out how to include a hyperlink... even tried HTML but it would still just show up as text, lol!!

To be honest it did take me a bit to actually realize that all the guides were located under the "Guide Hub" at the top of the page here when I first joined. Usually they were listed under the topic for each console everywhere else but I like the ease and organization of having the guides separate from everything else, so much easier to locate stuff!! :)

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
I was trying to reply but for the life of me can't figure out how to include a hyperlink... even tried HTML but it would still just show up as text, lol!!
link tool.PNG

You can use that button to link things :) all you need to do is highlight some text, click that button and then paste the url for it!

I do agree, the site is pretty amazing. ( Cough @Noah rocks cough)

Portables
3/4
Ahhh, I always over looked those because the look like the "Attach" buttons in programs like MS Word & MS Outlook... LMAO!!! :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

And I totally agree, out of all the different sites I've seen this is the best laid out and most user friendly. @Noah, you rock man and the store is coming along nicely!! :)

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
@Wadebrody Shank's Guide is good, but think of it more like a dictionary. Sure, you can read the whole thing and try and remember it, but it's best to just look for the information you need in the different categories.

If you've got a question, take a quick look through the thread and see if it answers your questions. If not, we got you.

Noah

retired
Portables
You can also use BB code and it'll convert it for you.

And I totally agree, out of all the different sites I've seen this is the best laid out and most user friendly. @Noah, you rock man and the store is coming along nicely!! :)
Thanks! Once the Wiki is out it should help with organization even more! :D

@Wadebrody - here is everything you need to know: Shank's Super Thread. You should also check out the definitive wii trimming guide in the guide section. All of the pro's have spent countless hours working on these guides so please search them diligently. We are really happy to help out but we would ask that you do your research before asking questions that have likely been asked before.
I looked at those but I was still a little confused. I was wondering if you were able to use the RVK-CPU-01 or the RVK-CPU-02

Last edited:

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Just to clarify, the boards that are compatible with the trim guide:
Rvl-40
Rvl-50
Rvl-60
Rvk-01
Rvk-02

The boards that are NOT compatible with the trim guide:
Rvl-01
Rvl-10
Rvl-20
Rvl-30
Rvo-01
Rvo-10

Rvl-40
Rvl-50
Rvl-60
Rvk-01
Rvk-02

Rvl-01
Rvl-10
Rvl-20
Rvl-30
Rvo-01
Rvo-10
Thanks for the clarification Shank

Portables
3/4
Rvl-40
Rvl-50
Rvl-60
Rvk-01
Rvk-02

Rvl-01
Rvl-10
Rvl-20
Rvl-30
Rvo-01
Rvo-10
Thanks man... this will help me out to verify I've got the right parts in my search for a Wii to cut up and make into a portable as well!! :)