Question Wii trimming question

Noah

retired
Portables
Ground shielding. Anything else hasn't been tested.

Here's the thing about the OMGWTF. It was designed to be the trim for the Wii. Cutting less than the OMGWTF can lead to compatibility issues or unknown errors that we might not be able to help you fix.

I'd just try the OMGWTF because it's not as hard as it looks and it's well documented.

If it's money that's an issue, I believe you can OMGWTF and still use the original regs. You'd have to ask @ShockSlayer because I believe he did test it at one point but I'm not 100% sure.

Last edited:
Just seizing the oportunitty to ask: Is there any documentation about the "LMAO cut" (the one Gman used in his wiiboy)? Maybe I just didn't searched well, but I couldn't find any topic about this.

pipbug

Ground shielding. Anything else hasn't been tested.

Here's the thing about the OMGWTF. It was designed to be the trim for the Wii. Cutting less than the OMGWTF can lead to compatibility issues or unknown errors that we might not be able to help you fix.

I'd just try the OMGWTF because it's not as hard as it looks and it's well documented.

If it's money that's an issue, I believe you can OMGWTF and still use the original regs. You'd have to ask @ShockSlayer because I believe he did test it at one point but I'm not 100% sure.
I would, if there are cheaper alternatives to the PTH regs

EDIT: Ah ok I'll ask him about it.

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
Just seizing the oportunitty to ask: Is there any documentation about the "LMAO cut" (the one Gman used in his wiiboy)? Maybe I just didn't searched well, but I couldn't find any topic about this.
No, not yet. A couple of people have asked in the past and the answer that always came up was, "If you have to ask how, it's beyond your capability."

On an unrelated note, how you been, pervert? I think I remember you from the Bacteria forums. You had a skateboarding avatar, right?

I can't see why not share the information. I'm 100% sure I can do it, just wanted to know if there's some tricky step, since you're relocating the NAND.
@ShockSlayer or @Gman, would mind sharing something? Or is it basically relocating the NAND and Sharp regulator?

@fibbef Yeah, dude. I remember you too! Was away from the modding scene for a good while. I'm just too lazy to put my avatar on :awesome:. What bring me back the interest is this really tiny Wii motherboard! Thanks to everyone involved into this trim!

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member