Worklog Wii Touchscreen

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Ok that makes sense. Is there a way to modify the IOS to accomplish this, or is the only possible solution through an external device either communicate through/emulate the Bluetooth module?
Not easily, as we would essentially have to re-write _every_ ios on the system, and hope they don't break homebrew.

Ok that makes sense. Is there a way to modify the IOS to accomplish this, or is the only possible solution through an external device either communicate through/emulate the Bluetooth module?
Given that there are a dozen IOS's the game could be running through, I'd say that's a negativo. Best bet is an external device, unless you can coax some resources from Team Twiizers. And even then, external emulation's almost definitely easier.

Edit: Yeah, what cheese said.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Emulating the wiimote by patching the IOSes is something I'm working on, I've some cool ideas for that, but I can't share them right now

Your can modify the IOS just like other IOS patched (like d2x) work, by finding the right hex code to modify in the binary (which is very hard). Or you can emulate a Wiimote externally. However there is a last ditch effort, you could always make a fake bluetooth module if you reverse engineer the SDIO communication protocol used by the device... *i forgot to post this hours ago*

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Your can modify the IOS just like other IOS patched (like d2x) work, by finding the right hex code to modify in the binary (which is very hard). Or you can emulate a Wiimote externally. However there is a last ditch effort, you could always make a fake bluetooth module if you reverse engineer the SDIO communication protocol used by the device... *i forgot to post this hours ago*

Reading back through this thread, I think I'd like to point some stuff out. Wiimotes can be paired to a computer, and some programs can even understand the data they send, so there's obviously some sort of position data sent, and the protocol for it is likely somewhere online. Rather than emulating the camera, why not just send the position data? That's much more likely to be something easily mappable to a touch screen anyway :)

Reading back through this thread, I think I'd like to point some stuff out. Wiimotes can be paired to a computer, and some programs can even understand the data they send, so there's obviously some sort of position data sent, and the protocol for it is likely somewhere online. Rather than emulating the camera, why not just send the position data? That's much more likely to be something easily mappable to a touch screen anyway :)
Easier said than done.

The wiimote does calculations based off the sensor bar and some math to send the cursor positional data. This is the easy (ish) part, mainly due to the fact that it is the best documented. The fact of the matter is that the majority of the documentation on the wiimote is either A) decentralized, or B) focused on implementing the wiimote rather than emulating it.

What I mean by B, is that you have applications such as dolphin, or the arduino scripts that can utilize the wiimote/accessories. But they do not implement any of the unique protocol things or just plain weird shit that is present in the wiimote--> wii communication. Without this stuff, the wiimote is kicked off.