Worklog Wii SP

JacksonS

Portables
Thanks, guys. I appreciate the feedback.
I just tested the battery life and it lasted about 4 hours and 20 minutes. It's drawing about 1.5 amps at 7.4v in a GameCube game. I still can't run Wii games because emuNAND is giving me issues.

Last edited:

JacksonS

Portables
I am impatient and didn't want to mess with software fixes for my lack of a DVD drive, so I wired a Wiikey that I had sitting around instead. I cut it nearly as small as I could since there isn't a lot of free space in this portable. I had to hardwire a microSD card too since it requires some kind of SD card to function.

10 of the data lines can be wired to vias underneath the GPU, but the other 8 have to be wired to traces on the board, similar to the Bluetooth data lines. Those 8 data lines are the ones to the left of the capacitor.

Now I can finally play Wii games with a normal USB loader and no other software mods. A software fix may be better, but I love wiring so this was a great solution for me.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
I cannot begin to put into words how I feel about this portable, but let me just say this: you truly are the new Tchay.

If portables could have hair, this one would be blonde. It looks really good on the outside! You even trimmed the Wiikey and hardwired an SD card just to make sure it all fit properly.

I love you.

JacksonS

Portables
Thanks for the love and support. It's much appreciated.

Noah

retired
Portables
The portable itself looks great! Nice job.

As cheese said, had you been just a little more patient (like really soon) you would have had the software fixes needed to repair your problem and much more. Soldering in a WiiKey creates a whole new host of problems that can go wrong (not that I'm knocking your work or anything, it looks great) should something happen internally. Software-sided fixes are always much easier than hardware!

JacksonS

Portables
I really wanted to wire a Wiikey from the beginning. Obviously a software fix is easier, but this is more fun.

Last edited: