Question Wii Portable power switch and charge n play

I've been trying to search through the threads for a while now and these are the 2 questions I keep coming back to.
What way should I wire up the charger and batteries to do a charge n play setup at 7.4v?
Do I have to wire the original wii power button or use a switch directly at the source ( If OG button how)?
If there is a thread pls post it up, i have been trying to find these answers:'(

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Are you planning on using custom regulators and trimming, or are you going to leave the board untrimmed?

As for charge and play, you would power the battery charging part with your charger, and power the board (or it's custom regulators) with a 7.4v power source.

cheese

Staff member
Alright, there won't be any power button, the wii will just turn on whenever you put power to the input of the regulators, so you can just put a regular switch between the batteries and the regulators to have an on/off switch

cheese

Staff member
For charge n play, you'll want to separate the console and batteries. This way, you can charge the batteries AND play the console at the same time.

cheese

Staff member
Nope, that has the regulators, charger and power source connected together.

You want the batteries and charger connected together, and completely separate from that have the regulators and 7.4v power source. When you are just playing (running on batteries), you would connect the batteries and regulators together and have the power source and charger disconnected.