omfg screw posts
omfg s.PNG

Case modeled in AutoCad and will be 3d printed in the near future more to come

Last edited:

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
If you're printing this instead of CNCing it from a preexisting case, don't use that awful ABXY button layout. Give yourself some extra room and proper button orientation.

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
Also, if you're 3D printing this, add some detail to it. Hopefully this doesn't sound rude, but with a 3D printed case you can do essentially anything you desire. No need to handcuff yourself into "just" a plain box, unless that's what you want. You do you, just a suggestion.

jmc

If you're printing this instead of CNCing it from a preexisting case, don't use that awful ABXY button layout. Give yourself some extra room and proper button orientation.
you definitely have a point there. I'll do another rendering with better button placement and add a little more room.

Last edited by a moderator:

jmc

Also, if you're 3D printing this, add some detail to it. Hopefully this doesn't sound rude, but with a 3D printed case you can do essentially anything you desire. No need to handcuff yourself into "just" a plain box, unless that's what you want. You do you, just a suggestion.
Yeah I plan to add more detail after I do the basic design of case.

JacksonS

Portables
Classy Nintendo logo. Is that case built for mono audio?

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
You can quote and respond to multiple posts in one post, try to limit how many times you double post!

jmc

The front of the case is now complete time to give it a test print.
FRONT.PNG

You might want to move the speaker holes. When you hold the portable part of your palm will cover them if they are in that position. Moving them closers in would be your best bet.

jmc

You might want to move the speaker holes. When you hold the portable part of your palm will cover them if they are in that position. Moving them closers in would be your best bet.
Yeah i thought that might be a problem but after the test print my hands did not cover the speaker holes so I am happy with their placement.

i think would be more confortable to have a more rounded case (without the 90 degrees edges)
The case will definitely need to be rounded out thinking something like this.
test print rev.PNG