Question Wii Portable Bluetooth Relocation Pinout

Hey guys! So I've begun planning my first Wii portable, but I'm a little lost on one small detail. I found the really helpful Wii mobo trimming guide on the forum, and the Bluetooth pinout seems fairly straightforward save for Pin 12 (Sync). I understand it says to solder this to a 3.3v circuit 'temporarily', but does that mean I'm meant to place it elsewhere permanently? I've checked other worklogs and seen people pulling wire wrap through to the rear of the board alongside the R10 lead, so is there a pin there I'm supposed to connect it to? Thanks!

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
You're supposed to connect pin 12 to a button, with 3.3v on the other side of the button. You press the button when you want to sync a Wii remote in the Wii menu.

You're supposed to connect pin 12 to a button, with 3.3v on the other side of the button. You press the button when you want to sync a Wii remote in the Wii menu.
Ahhh that makes sense, so it takes the place of that red button on the Wii's front panel. Thanks!

Tony39

Salve io ho montato il bluetooth e ho messo anche il pulsante ma non riconosce il controller eppure i collegamenti sono tutti giusti qualcuno mi può aiutare grazie .

Hi I mounted the bluetooth and I also put the button but it does not recognize the controller yet the connections are all right can someone help me thanks

Salve io ho montato il bluetooth e ho messo anche il pulsante ma non riconosce il controller eppure i collegamenti sono tutti giusti qualcuno mi può aiutare grazie .

Hi I mounted the bluetooth and I also put the button but it does not recognize the controller yet the connections are all right can someone help me thanks
Ti conviene postare anche qualche foto dettagliata dei collegamenti altrimenti non sappiamo come aiutarti

Oook thanks
Verifica che le data lines del bluetooth non facciano corto circuito tra di loro, verifica anche che siano saldate bene e nel posto giusto. Solitamente preferisco consigliare di tenere il modulo bluetooth sul lato anteriore della wii, cosí é piú facile vedere dove fare i vari collegamenti.

Check that the bluetooth data lines do not short circuit each other, also check that they are soldered well and in the right place. I usually recommend keeping the bluetooth module on the front of the wii so it's easier to see where to connect.
5C0A365A-258B-443E-B75A-696BF0E736C8.jpeg

Tony39

Verifica che le linee dati del bluetooth non facciano corto circuito tra di loro, verifica anche che siano saldate bene e nel posto giusto. Solitamente preferisco consigliare di tenere il modulo bluetooth sul lato anteriore della wii, così è più facile vedere dove fare i vari collegamenti.

Controlla che le linee dati bluetooth non vadano in corto circuito tra loro, controlla anche che siano saldate bene e nel posto giusto. Di solito consiglio di tenere il modulo bluetooth sulla parte anteriore del wii in modo che sia più facile vedere dove connettersi.View attachment 25855
[/CITAZIONE]
OOk
Verifica che le data lines del bluetooth non facciano corto circuito tra di loro, verifica anche che siano saldate bene e nel posto giusto. Solitamente preferisco consigliare di tenere il modulo bluetooth sul lato anteriore della wii, cosí é piú facile vedere dove fare i vari collegamenti.

Check that the bluetooth data lines do not short circuit each other, also check that they are soldered well and in the right place. I usually recommend keeping the bluetooth module on the front of the wii so it's easier to see where to connect.View attachment 25855
Oook thanks controllo subito

Tony39

Salve a tutti ho provato ma niente lo posizionato anche dove sono visibili i pin 10 e 11 tutto saldato bene ma non rileva i controller ho provato con 2 non so cosa fare

Hi all I tried but nothing positioned it even where pins 10 and 11 are visible all soldered well but it does not detect the controllers I tried with 2 I don't know what to do

Attachments

Niente ho provato a rifare le saldature ho controllato se i 2 più 10 e 11 non fossero in corto ho messo il pulsante ma niente

Nothing I tried to redo the welds I checked if the 2 plus 10 and 11 weren't shorted I put the button but nothing
Ho notato adesso che per le data lines hai usato un filo abbastanza spesso, dovresti provare con uno più sottile.

Tony39

Ho notato adesso che per le linee dati hai usato un filo abbastanza spesso, dovresti provare con uno più sottile.
[/CITAZIONE]
Avevo già provato con uno più sottile ma proverò ancora e vediamo cosa succede Ho provato anche un altro modulo bluetooth ma niente grazie per ora

I had already tried with a thinner one but I will try again and see what happens I had also tried another bluetooth module but nothing thanks for now

Tony39

Salve ho messo i fili più piccoli ma niente poi ho notato anche che quando lancio i giochi si bloccano e forse può essere la scheda ma....

Hi I put the smaller wires but nothing then I also noticed that when I launch the games they crash and maybe it can be the card but